education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Sharma, P. P., Mehta, R. K., Pickens, A., Han, G., & Benden, M. (2019). Sit-Stand Desk Software Can Now Monitor and Prompt Office Workers to Change Health Behaviors. HUMAN FACTORS. 61(5), 816-824.
- Sharma, P., Pickens, A., Mehta, R., Han, G., & Benden, M. E. (2019). Smart Software Can Increase Sit–Stand Desk Transitions During Active Computer Use. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 16(13), 2438-2438.
- Rhee, J., & Benden, M. E. (2019). Stand-Biased Desk Intervention on Sleep Quality of High School Students: A Pilot Study Using Tri-Axial Accelerometery. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 17(1), 37-37.
- Towne, S., Li, Y., Lee, S., Smith, M., Han, G., Du, Y., Benden, M., & Ory, M. (2018). CHANGES IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH A NOVEL HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAM FOR AT-RISK OLDER INDIVIDUALS. Innovation in Aging. 2(suppl_1), 739-739.
- Towne, S. D., Li, Y., Lee, S., Smith, M. L., Han, G., Quinn, C., ... Ory, M. G. (2018). Physical activity and associated medical cost savings among at-risk older adults participating a community-based health & wellness program. PLoS ONE. 13(6), e0198239-e0198239.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum Development for HF/E Graduate Students. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845