education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Osofundiya, O., Benden, M. E., Dowdy, D., & Mehta, R. K. (2016). Obesity-specific neural cost of maintaining gait performance under complex conditions in community-dwelling older adults. CLINICAL BIOMECHANICS. 35, 42-48.
- Wendel, M. L., Benden, M. E., Zhao, H., & Jeffrey, C. (2016). Stand-Biased Versus Seated Classrooms and Childhood Obesity: A Randomized Experiment in Texas.. American journal of public health. 106(10), 1849-1854.
- Pickens, A. W., Kress, M. M., Benden, M. E., Zhao, H., Wendel, M., & Congleton, J. J. (2016). Stand-capable desk use in a call center: a six-month follow-up pilot study. PUBLIC HEALTH. 135, 131-134.
- Mehta, R. K., Shortz, A. E., & Benden, M. E. (2016). Standing Up for Learning: A Pilot Investigation on the Neurocognitive Benefits of Stand-Biased School Desks. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 13(1), 0059-59.
- Pickens, A. W., Benden, M. E., Schneider, D. E., & Zhao, H. (2016). Use of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition. 5(2), 75-78.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum Development for HF/E Graduate Students. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845