education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Pickens, A., Benden, M., Schneider, D., & Zhao, H. (2016). Use of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition. 5(2), 75-78.
- Bellingar, T. A., & Benden, M. E. (2015). New ANSI/BIFMA Standard for Testing of Educational Seating. Ergonomics in Design. 23(2), 23-27.
- Dornhecker, M., Blake, J., Benden, M., Zhao, H., & Wendel, M. (2015). The Effect of Stand-biased Desks on Academic Engagement: An Exploratory Study.. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education. 53(5), 271-280.
- Benden, M. E., Zhao, H., Jeffrey, C. E., Wendel, M. L., & Blake, J. J. (2014). The Evaluation of the Impact of a Stand-Biased Desk on Energy Expenditure and Physical Activity for Elementary School Students. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH. 11(9), 9361-9375.
- Paterson, C., Miller, K., Benden, M., Shipp, E., Pickens, A., Wendel, M., & Pronovost, P. (2014). The Safe Day Call: Reducing Silos in Health Care Through Frontline Risk Assessment.. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 40(10), 476-471.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum development for HF/E graduate students: Lessons learned in an ongoing effort to educate and meet industry demands. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845