education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Towne, S. D., Li, Y., Lee, S., Smith, M. L., Han, G., Quinn, C., ... Ory, M. G. (2018). Physical activity and associated medical cost savings among at-risk older adults participating a community-based health & wellness program. PLoS ONE. 13(6), e0198239-e0198239.
- Wendel, M. L., & Benden, M. E. (2017). STANDING VS SITTING TIME IN STAND-BIASED CLASSROOMS RESPOND. American journal of public health. 107(3), E4-E5.
- Towne, S. D., Ory, M. G., Smith, M. L., Peres, S. C., Pickens, A. W., Mehta, R. K., & Benden, M. (2017). Accessing physical activity among young adults attending a university: the role of sex, race/ethnicity, technology use, and sleep. BMC public health. 17(1), 721.
- Marsalia, A. C., Ferris, T. K., Benden, M. E., & Zheng, Q. i. (2016). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Warning Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors. 4(4), 222-235.
- Wendel, M. L., Benden, M. E., Zhao, H., & Jeffrey, C. (2016). Stand-Biased Versus Seated Classrooms and Childhood Obesity: A Randomized Experiment in Texas. American journal of public health. 106(10), 1849-1854.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum development for HF/E graduate students: Lessons learned in an ongoing effort to educate and meet industry demands. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845