education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Sharma, P. P., Benden, M., Mehta, R. K., Pickens, A., & Han, G. (2018). A Quantitative Evaluation of Electric Sit-Stand Desk Usage: 3-Month In-Situ Workplace Study. IISE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors. 6(2), 76-83.
- Towne, S., Li, Y., Lee, S., Smith, M., Han, G., Du, Y., Benden, M., & Ory, M. (2018). CHANGES IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH A NOVEL HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAM FOR AT-RISK OLDER INDIVIDUALS. Innovation in Aging. 2(suppl_1), 739-739.
- Jr, T., Li, Y., Lee, S., Smith, M. L., Han, G., Quinn, C., ... Ory, M. G. (2018). Physical activity and associated medical cost savings among at-risk older adults participating a community-based health & wellness program. PLoS ONE. 13(6), e0198239-e0198239.
- Mehta, R. K., Shortz, A. E., & Benden, M. E. (2018). Standing Up for Learning: A Pilot Investigation on the Neurocognitive Benefits of Stand-Biased School Desks (vol 13, pg 59, 2016). INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH. 15(3), 532-532.
- Jr, T., Ory, M. G., Smith, M. L., Peres, S. C., Pickens, A. W., Mehta, R. K., & Benden, M. (2017). Accessing physical activity among young adults attending a university: the role of sex, race/ethnicity, technology use, and sleep. BMC public health. 17(1), 721.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum development for HF/E graduate students: Lessons learned in an ongoing effort to educate and meet industry demands. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845