Cohen, Noah individual record
Professor and Associate Department Head
- Professor and Associate Department Head, Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Veterinary immunology, Drug resistance in microorganisms, Microbial populations, Communicable diseases--Immunotherapy, Horses--Genetics, Veterinary epidemiology, Medical microbiology, Communicable diseases, molecular pathogenesis
education and training
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University - (Baltimore, Maryland, United States) 1988
- V.M.D. in Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) 1983
- Folmar, C. N., Cywes-Bentley, C., Bordin, A. I., Rocha, J. N., Bray, J. M., Kahn, S. K., ... Cohen, N. D. (2019). In vitro evaluation of complement deposition and opsonophagocytic killing of Rhodococcus equi mediated by poly-N-acetyl glucosamine hyperimmune plasma compared to commercial plasma products. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY INTERNAL MEDICINE. 33(3), 1493-1499.
- Little, S. V., Bryan, L. K., Hillhouse, A. E., Cohen, N. D., & Lawhon, S. D. (2019). Characterization of agr Groups of Staphylococcus pseudintermedius Isolates from Dogs in Texas. MSPHERE. 4(2),
- Rocha, J. N., Dangott, L. J., Mwangi, W., Alaniz, R. C., Bordin, A. I., Cywes-Bentley, C., ... Cohen, N. D. (2019). PNAG-specific equine IgG(1) mediates significantly greater opsonization and killing of Prescottella equi (formerly Rhodococcus equi) than does IgG(4/7). VACCINE. 37(9), 1142-1150.
- D'Gama, J. D., Ma, Z., Zhang, H., Liu, X. u., Fan, H., Morris, E., ... Waldor, M. K. (2019). A Conserved Streptococcal Virulence Regulator Controls the Expression of a Distinct Class of M-Like Proteins. MBIO. 10(5),
- Brown, H. R., Peloso, J. G., Clay-Werner, W., Mecholsky, J. J., Cohen, N. D., & Vogler, J. B. (2019). A thoroughbred racehorse with a unicortical palmar lateral condylar fracture returned to training 14 days after surgery: A hypothesis on the role of a single bone screw on crack propagation. Journal of Equine Science. 30(1), 7-12.
- Cohen, N. D., & Bordin, A. I. (2016). Principles of Vaccination. Equine Clinical Immunology. (pp. 263-278). John Wiley %26 Sons, Inc..
- Bordin, A. I., & Cohen, N. D. (2016). Types of Vaccines. Equine Clinical Immunology. (pp. 279-288). John Wiley %26 Sons, Inc..
- Cohen, N. D., & Martens, R. J. (2007). Rhodococcus equi foal pneumonia. Equine Respiratory Medicine and Surgery. (pp. 355-366). Elsevier.
- Lohmann, K. L., & Cohen, N. D. (2006). Gastrointestinal Medicine. Equine Geriatric Medicine and Surgery. (pp. 115-130). Elsevier.
- Cohen, N. D. (2003). Management Factors Associated with Colic. Current Therapy in Equine Medicine: Fifth Edition. (pp. 99-100). Elsevier.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Rocha, Joana Nunes (2018-12). Antibodies Targeting Poly-N-Acetyl Glucosamine Protect Against the Intracellular Pathogen, Rhodococcus Equi. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Whitfield-Cargile, Canaan M (2016-12). NSAID Enteropathy: Novel Aspects of Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McQueen, Cole M (2015-12). Investigating Genetic Susceptibility to Rhodococcus equi. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bordin, Angela Ilha (2014-05). Immunogenicity and Effects on Fecal Microbiome of an Electron-Beam Inactivated Rhodococcus equi Vaccine in Neonatal Foals. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kuskie, Kyle Ryan (2011-12). Epidemiology of Airborne Virulent Rhodococcus equi at Horse Breeding Farms. (Master's Thesis)
- Nerren, Jessica Rachel (2007-08). Innate immunity to Rhodococcus equi: the response of adult and juvenile equine neutrophils. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Grimm, Michael Bradley (2006-08). Evaluation of mares as a source of Rhodococcus equi for their foals using quantitative culture and a colony immunoblot assay. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Large Animal Clinical Sciences; 4475 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4475