Current ongoing projects are mostly focused on the Lymphatic Physiology of Metabolic Systems. Herein, we are utilizing an extensive toolkit of genetic mouse models and physiologically-relevant in vitro systems to identify how changes in lymphatic biology impact metabolite transport and whole animal metabolism. Other projects use our toolkit in identifying factors driving the pathology of lymphatic diseases such as generalized lymphatic anomalies (GLA) and lymphedema. Additional collaborative efforts employ our models in renal and pulmonary health.
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - (Dallas, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2012
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - (Lausanne, Switzerland) 2008
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 2001
- Chakraborty, A., Scogin, C. K., Rizwan, K., Morley, T. S., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2020). Characterizing Lymphangiogenesis and Concurrent Inflammation in Adipose Tissue in Response to VEGF-D. Frontiers in Physiology. 11, 363.
- Delitsikou, V., Jarad, G., Rajaram, R. D., Ino, F., Rutkowski, J. M., Chen, C., ... Seigneux, S. (2020). Klotho regulation by albuminuria is dependent on ATF3 and endoplasmic reticulum stress. The FASEB Journal. 34(2), 2087-2104.
- Dizin, E., Olivier, V., Maire, C., Komarynets, O., Sassi, A., Roth, I., ... Feraille, E. (2020). Time‐course of sodium transport along the nephron in nephrotic syndrome: The role of potassium. The FASEB Journal. 34(2), 2408-2424.
- Balasubbramanian, D., Gelston, C., Lopez, A. H., Iskander, G., Tate, W., Holderness, H., Rutkowski, J. M., & Mitchell, B. M. (2020). Augmenting Renal Lymphatic Density Prevents Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension in Male and Female Mice. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HYPERTENSION. 33(1), 61-69.
- Balasubbramanian, D., Baranwal, G., Clark, M., Goodlett, B. L., Mitchell, B. M., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2020). Kidney-specific lymphangiogenesis increases sodium excretion and lowers blood pressure in mice.. Journal of Hypertension. 38(5), 874-885.
- Role of renal lymphatics in blood pressure regulation awarded by NIDDK 2019 - 2023