Current ongoing projects are mostly focused on the Lymphatic Physiology of Metabolic Systems. Herein, we are utilizing an extensive toolkit of genetic mouse models and physiologically-relevant in vitro systems to identify how changes in lymphatic biology impact metabolite transport and whole animal metabolism. Other projects use our toolkit in identifying factors driving the pathology of lymphatic diseases such as generalized lymphatic anomalies (GLA) and lymphedema. Additional collaborative efforts employ our models in renal and pulmonary health.
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - (Dallas, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2012
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - (Lausanne, Switzerland) 2008
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 2001
- Chakraborty, A., Scogin, C. K., Rizwan, K., Morley, T. S., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2020). Characterizing Lymphangiogenesis and Concurrent Inflammation in Adipose Tissue in Response to VEGF-D. Frontiers in Physiology. 11, 363.
- Delitsikou, V., Jarad, G., Rajaram, R. D., Ino, F., Rutkowski, J. M., Chen, C., ... Seigneux, S. (2020). Klotho regulation by albuminuria is dependent on ATF3 and endoplasmic reticulum stress. The FASEB Journal. 34(2), 2087-2104.
- Dizin, E., Olivier, V., Maire, C., Komarynets, O., Sassi, A., Roth, I., ... Feraille, E. (2020). Time‐course of sodium transport along the nephron in nephrotic syndrome: The role of potassium. The FASEB Journal. 34(2), 2408-2424.
- Balasubbramanian, D., Gelston, C., Lopez, A. H., Iskander, G., Tate, W., Holderness, H., Rutkowski, J. M., & Mitchell, B. M. (2020). Augmenting Renal Lymphatic Density Prevents Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension in Male and Female Mice. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HYPERTENSION. 33(1), 61-69.
- Baranwal, G., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2019). Reduced lymphatic function contributes to age-related disease. AGING-US. 11(22), 9969-9970.
- Balasubbramanian, D., Lopez-Gelston, C. A., Lopez, A. H., Iskander, G., Tate, W., Luera, E. M., ... Mitchell, B. M. (2018). Genetically Inducing Renal Lymphangiogenesis Prevents Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension in Mice. HYPERTENSION. 72,
- Balasubbramanian, D., Lopez-Geslton, C. A., Ighofose, P., Saathoff, M., Rutkowski, J. M., & Mitchell, B. M. (2018). Identification of Cyr61 and Tfgbi as Hypertensive Renal LEC Genes.. HYPERTENSION. 72,
- Lammoglia, G. M., Barajas, S. E., Reyna, A. J., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2017). Adipose Tissue VEGF-D Overexpression Increases Lymphatic Vessel Density and Protects Against Inflammation and Insulin Resistance in Obesity. The FASEB Journal. 31,
- Balasubbramanian, D., Lopez Gelston, C. A., Abouelkheir, G. R., Lopez, A. H., Hudson, K. R., Johnson, E. R., ... Mitchell, B. M. (2017). Augmenting Renal Lymphatic Vessel Density Prevents Salt-sensitive Hypertension in Mice.. HYPERTENSION. 70,
- Gelston, L., Balasubbramanian, D., Abouelkheir, G. R., Lopez, A. H., Hudson, K. R., Johnson, E. R., ... Mitchell, B. M. (2017). Genetically Induced Renal Lymphangiogenesis Prevents the Development of L-NAME Hypertension in Mice.. HYPERTENSION. 70,
- Role of renal lymphatics in blood pressure regulation awarded by NIDDK 2019 - 2023