Current ongoing projects are mostly focused on the Lymphatic Physiology of Metabolic Systems. Herein, we are utilizing an extensive toolkit of genetic mouse models and physiologically-relevant in vitro systems to identify how changes in lymphatic biology impact metabolite transport and whole animal metabolism. Other projects use our toolkit in identifying factors driving the pathology of lymphatic diseases such as generalized lymphatic anomalies (GLA) and lymphedema. Additional collaborative efforts employ our models in renal and pulmonary health.
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - (Dallas, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2012
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - (Lausanne, Switzerland) 2008
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 2001
- Balasubbramanian, D., Gelston, C., Rutkowski, J. M., & Mitchell, B. M. (2019). Immune cell trafficking, lymphatics and hypertension. Br J Pharmacol. 176(12), 1978-1988.
- Delitsikou, V., Jarad, G., Rajaram, R. D., Ino, F., Rutkowski, J. M., Chen, C., ... de Seigneux, S. (2019). Klotho regulation by albuminuria is dependent on ATF3 and endoplasmic reticulum stress. The FASEB Journal.
- Baranwal, G., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2019). Reduced lymphatic function contributes to age-related disease. AGING-US. 11(22), 9969-9970.
- Dizin, E., Olivier, V., Maire, C., Komarynets, O., Sassi, A., Roth, I., ... Feraille, E. (2019). Time-course of sodium transport along the nephron in nephrotic syndrome: The role of potassium. The FASEB Journal.
- Chakraborty, A., Barajas, S., Lammoglia, G. M., Reyna, A. J., Morley, T. S., Johnson, J. A., Scherer, P. E., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2019). Vascular Endothelial. Growth Factor-D (VEGF-D) Overexpression and Lymphatic Expansion in Murine Adipose Tissue Improves Metabolism in Obesity. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PATHOLOGY. 189(4), 924-939.
- Lammoglia, G. M., Barajas, S. E., Reyna, A. J., & Rutkowski, J. M. (2017). Adipose Tissue VEGF-D Overexpression Increases Lymphatic Vessel Density and Protects Against Inflammation and Insulin Resistance in Obesity. The FASEB Journal. 31,
- Rutkowski, J. M. (2016). A Novel Mouse Model of Inducible Lymphangiogenesis Through Controlled Local Expression of VEGF-D. The FASEB Journal. 30,
- Rutkowski, J. M., & Swartz, M. A. (2008). Intravital quantification of tissue fluid balance changes in Lymphedema.