My interests are British Literature of the Nineteenth Century, Art and Literature, Philosophy and Literature, Textual Studies, and Film.
education and training
- Ph.D. in English, University of Maryland, College Park - (College Park, Maryland, United States) 1979
- M.A. in Literature, American University - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) 1973
- B.A. in English, University of Maryland, College Park - (College Park, Maryland, United States) 1972
- Hoagwood, T. (2016). Countee Cullen's CHRIST RECRUCIFIED. Explicator. 74(4), 244-246.
- Hoagwood, T. (2015). Claude McKay's BATTLE. Explicator. 73(1), 43-45.
- Hoagwood, T. (2014). Multiple makers: The Best Years of Our Lives. Journal of Adaptation in Film & Performance. 7(1), 9-25.
- Hoagwood, T. (2010). Claude McKay's Harlem shadows. Explicator. 68(1), 51-54.
- Hoagwood, T. (2007). The textualizing of sound: Romantic-period pseudo-songs. Wordsworth Circle. 38(3), 100-104.
- Hoagwood, T. (2010). From Song to Print Romantic Pseudo-Songs. Springer.
- Hoagwood, T. A., & Ledbetter, K. (2005). Colour'd shadows: Contexts in publishing, printing, and reading nineteenth-century British women writers. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Landon, L. E. (2004). Fisher's Drawing Room Scrap-book 1836, with Poetical Illustrations A Facsimile Reproduction. Academic Resources Corp.
- Hoagwood, T. A., & Watkins, D. P. (1998). British Romantic Drama Historical and Critical Essays. Fairleigh Dickinson Univ Press.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (1997). Materialism and Textuality.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (2012). Lyrical Drama. Burwick, F., Goslee, N. M., & Hoeveler, D. L. (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Romantic Literature. (pp. 817-821). Wiley-blackwell.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (2004). Joseph Priestley. Murray, C. J. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of the Romantic Era L - Z, Index. 2. (pp. 951-953). Fitzroy Dearborn.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (2001). Elizabeth Inchbald, Joanna Baillie, and Revolutionary Representation in the ‘Romantic’ Period. Craciun, A., & Lokke, K. E. (Eds.), Rebellious Hearts British Women Writers and the French Revolution. (pp. 293-316). SUNY Press.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (1995). Keats, fictionality and finance: The Fall of Hyperion. Roe, N. (Eds.), Keats and History. (pp. 127-142). Cambridge University Press.
- Hoagwood, T. A. (1995). The Poetry of Ellen Glasgow. Scura, D. M. (Eds.), Ellen Glasgow New Perspectives. (pp. 59-73). Univ. of Tennessee Press.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Anderson, Patrick D (2016-08). Bedtime for Democracy: The Power Elite as Sovereign Aristocracy in Neoliberal Amerika. (Master's Thesis)
- Leckey, Brittany White (2015-12). Complicitous Critique, A Hollywood Tradition. (Master's Thesis)
- Jon, Bumsoo (2012-08). Romantic Mediacy, Self-Consciousness and the Ideologies of Authorship. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Young (2011-12). Byron’s Don Juan: Forms of Publication, Meanings, and Money. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Young (2011-12). Byron's Don Juan: Forms of Publication, Meanings, and Money. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; English; 4227 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4227