Lacewell, Ronald individual record
Assistant Vice Chancellor
His research centers on the areas of irrigation, farming systems, water quality, new crops and renewable energy. Dr. Lacewell also serves as the leader of federal relations for Texas A&M AgriLife, leading a team to address initiatives, partnering and acting as liaison to federal agencies and Congress.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 1970
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1964
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1963
- Goolsby, J. A., Moran, P. J., Racelis, A. E., Summy, K. R., Martinez Jimenez, M., Lacewell, R. D., Perez de Leon, A., & Kirk, A. A. (2016). Impact of the biological control agent Tetramesa romana (Hymenoptera: Eurytomidae) on Arundo donax (Poaceae: Arundinoideae) along the Rio Grande River in Texas. BIOCONTROL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. 26(1), 47-60.
- Adusumilli, N., Lee, T., Rister, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (2014). The Economics of Mitigation of Water Pollution Externalities from Biomass Production for Energy. RESOURCES-BASEL. 3(4), 721-733.
- Gao, X., Birt, A., Ree, B., Lee, N., Calixto, A., Lacewell, R., & Harris, M. (2013). Producer Adoption and Economic Impact in Texas of the Belt-Wide Pecan ipmPIPE Program. Southwestern Entomologist. 38(1), 1-17.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., Woodard, J. D., & Sturdivant, A. W. (2012). An analysis of input choice, input prices, and environmental factors on the costs of seawater reverse osmosis systems. DESALINATION. 291, 48-55.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., & Sturdivant, A. W. (2011). The Water Market for the Middle and Lower Portions of the Texas Rio Grande Basin. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN WATER RESOURCES ASSOCIATION. 47(3), 597-610.
- Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., Lee, T., Srinivasan, R. S., Narasimhan, B., Wolfe, C., ... Owens, J. (2015). Economic Considerations in Selecting Best Management Practices for Watershed Management of Water Quality. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 546-546.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Sturdivant, A. W., Lee, T., Waidler, D., Seawright, E. K., ... Harris, B. L. (2010). Consideration of economics while identifying best management practices for watershed protection plans. ASABE - TMDL 2010: Watershed Management to Improve Water Quality. 349-357.
- Sheng, Z., Michelsen, A., Liu, Y., Creel, B., McGuckin, T., & Lacewell, R. (2010). Statistical Analysis of Flow Exchange and Salt Loading between the Rio Grande and Underlying Aquifers. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010. 1002-1011.
- Sturdivant, A. W., Rister, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (2009). Improving Financial Planning and Rate Analyses for South Texas Irrigation Districts. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 540-540.
- Chowdhury, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (1995). Assessing costs of environmental policies and avoidance-cost estimates of benefits.. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 20(2), 398-398.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wilbourn, Brant 1987- (2012-12). Economic Analysis of Alternative Irrigation Technologies: Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Master's Thesis)
- Adusumilli, Naveen (2012-08). Economic Policy and Resource Implications of Biofuel Feedstock Production. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Leidner, Andrew (2012-05). Economic Essays on Water Resources Management of the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McLaughlin, Will (2011-12). The Economic and Financial Implications of Supplying a Bioenergy Conversion Facility with Cellulosic Biomass Feedstocks. (Master's Thesis)
- Seawright, Emily Kaye (2009-08). Select Economic Implications for the Biological Control of Arundo donax along the Rio Grande. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Agrilife Research; Vice Chancellor Of Agriculture - Staff; 2124 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-2259