Lacewell, Ronald individual record
Assistant Vice Chancellor
His research centers on the areas of irrigation, farming systems, water quality, new crops and renewable energy. Dr. Lacewell also serves as the leader of federal relations for Texas A&M AgriLife, leading a team to address initiatives, partnering and acting as liaison to federal agencies and Congress.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University - (Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States) 1970
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1964
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1963
- Seawright, E. K., Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., McCorkle, D. A., Sturdivant, A. W., Yang, C., & Goolsby, J. A. (2009). Economic Implications for the Biological Control of Arundo donax: Rio Grande Basin. SOUTHWESTERN ENTOMOLOGIST. 34(4), 377-394.
- Sheng, Z., Sturdivant, A., Michelsen, A., & Lacewell, R. (2005). Rapid Economic Assessment of Flood-control Failure along the Rio Grande: A Case Study. International Journal of Water Resources Development. 21(4), 629-649.
- Schaible, G. D., McCarl, B. A., & Lacewell, R. D. (1999). The Edwards Aquifer water resource conflict: USDA farm program resource-use incentives?. WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH. 35(10), 3171-3183.
- Keplinger, K. O., McCarl, B. A., Chowdhury, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (1998). Economic and hydrologic implications of suspending irrigation in dry years. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 23(1), 191-205.
- Harris, M., Ree, B., Cooper, J., Jackman, J., Young, J., Lacewell, R., & Knutson, A. (1998). Economic impact of pecan integrated pest management implementation in Texas. JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC ENTOMOLOGY. 91(5), 1011-1020.
- Rister, M. E., Lacewell, R. D., Lee, T., Srinivasan, R. S., Narasimhan, B., Wolfe, C., ... Owens, J. (2015). Economic Considerations in Selecting Best Management Practices for Watershed Management of Water Quality. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 546-546.
- Leidner, A. J., Rister, M. E., Sturdivant, A. W., Lee, T., Waidler, D., Seawright, E. K., ... Harris, B. L. (2010). Consideration of economics while identifying best management practices for watershed protection plans. ASABE - TMDL 2010: Watershed Management to Improve Water Quality. 349-357.
- Sheng, Z., Michelsen, A., Liu, Y., Creel, B., McGuckin, T., & Lacewell, R. (2010). Statistical Analysis of Flow Exchange and Salt Loading between the Rio Grande and Underlying Aquifers. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010. 1002-1011.
- Sturdivant, A. W., Rister, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (2009). Improving Financial Planning and Rate Analyses for South Texas Irrigation Districts. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 540-540.
- Chowdhury, M. E., & Lacewell, R. D. (1995). Assessing costs of environmental policies and avoidance-cost estimates of benefits.. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 20(2), 398-398.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wilbourn, Brant 1987- (2012-12). Economic Analysis of Alternative Irrigation Technologies: Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Master's Thesis)
- Adusumilli, Naveen (2012-08). Economic Policy and Resource Implications of Biofuel Feedstock Production. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Leidner, Andrew (2012-05). Economic Essays on Water Resources Management of the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- McLaughlin, Will (2011-12). The Economic and Financial Implications of Supplying a Bioenergy Conversion Facility with Cellulosic Biomass Feedstocks. (Master's Thesis)
- Seawright, Emily Kaye (2009-08). Select Economic Implications for the Biological Control of Arundo donax along the Rio Grande. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Agrilife Research; Vice Chancellor Of Agriculture - Staff; 2124 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-2259