My research interest focuses on establishing an interdisciplinary program of research to address gaps within the delivery of healthcare systems via means of understanding the social determinants of health anchored among populations who die sudden unexpected deaths for purposes of prevention.
- Ph.D. in Nursing, Texas Woman's University - (Houston, Texas, United States) 2014
- M.P.H. in Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas - (Dallas, Texas, United States) 2009
- M.S. in Nursing, Forensic Nursing Concentration, University of Colorado Colorado Springs - (Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States) 2002
- B.S.N. in , Bowling Green State University - (Bowling Green, Ohio, United States) 1998
- Lemke, M. K., Wolf, D. A., & Drake, S. A. (2022). A Call for Complex Systems and Syndemic Theory in Firearm Violence Research. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 62(3), 459-465.
- Drake, S. A., Thoene, C., Foster, M., Porta, C., & Pickens, A. W. (2022). Medicolegal death investigator workplace safety hazards: A scoping review of the literature. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 67(1), 44-55.
- Drake, S. A., Akande, A., Kelly, P. A., Yang, Y., & Wolf, D. A. (2021). Identifying gaps and improving investigation of fatal elder abuse and/or neglect. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 66(6), 2274-2282.
- Wickwire, K. A., Valentine, J. L., Downing, N., Cochran, C. B., Drake, S., Sekula, L. K., & Jennings, S. (2021). Forensic Nursing Research. Journal of Forensic Nursing. Publish Ahead of Print(3), 173-181.
- Drake, S. A., Yang, Y., Gao, S. i., Mora, S., Garza, R., Moore, L., ... Wolf, D. A. (2021). Fatal and Nonfatal Injury Patterns of Stranded Motorists. Journal of Forensic Nursing. Publish Ahead of Print(3), 154-162.
- Kalkwarf, K. J., Drake, S. A., Yang, Y., Thetford, C., Myers, L., Brock, M., ... Holcomb, J. B. (2020). Bleeding to death in a big city: An analysis of all trauma deaths from hemorrhage in a metropolitan area during 1 year.. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 89(4), 716-722.
- Drake, S. A., Harper, S., & Wolf, D. A. (2016). Medicolegal Death Investigation and Hospital Patient Safety and Quality Outcomes: A Naturally Synergistic Collaboration.. J Forensic Nurs. 12(4), 183-188.
Repository Documents / Preprints1
- Zhang, N. i., Drake, S. A., & Ding, K. (2019). Message Appeals on an Instagram Account Promoting Seat Belt Use That Attract Adolescents and Young Adults: Elaboration-Likelihood Perspective Study (Preprint).
- Stranded motorists: Study finds links between injuries, deaths and risks Research@Texas A&M June 9, 2021
- New study sheds light on suicide, intimate partner violence in rural white areas of Harris County UTHealth News July 13, 2020