My interest, broadly put, is to better understand the role of self-regulation in our behavior and apply this to the field of education. Self-regulation refers to the ability to control your attention and emotions and this capacity is considered crucial for developing a cognitive and emotional competence.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience; Developmental Science, University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2012
- M.A. in Human Development and Applied Psychology, University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2007
- M.Sc. in Psychology and Education, VU University Amsterdam - (Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands) 2002
- B.A. in Teacher Education, HZ University of Applied Sciences - (Flushing, Netherlands) 1998
- Erbeli, F., Shi, Q., Campbell, A. R., Hart, S. A., & Woltering, S. (2020). Developmental dynamics between reading and math in elementary school. Developmental Science. e13004.
- Brooker, R. J., Bates, J. E., Buss, K. A., Canen, M. J., Dennis-Tiwary, T. A., Gatzke-Kopp, L. M., ... Schmidt, L. A. (2020). Conducting Event-Related Potential (ERP) Research With Young Children. Journal of Psychophysiology. 34(3), 137-158.
- Shi, Q., Ettekal, I., Liew, J., & Woltering, S. (2020). Predicting differentiated developmental trajectories of prosocial behavior: A 12-year longitudinal study of children facing early risks and vulnerabilities. International Journal of Behavioral Development. 016502542093563-016502542093563.
- Shi, Q., Ettekal, I., Deutz, M., & Woltering, S. (2020). Trajectories of pure and co-occurring internalizing and externalizing problems from early childhood to adolescence: Associations with early childhood individual and contextual antecedents.. Developmental Psychology.
- Jia, Y., Chen, S., Deutz, N., Bukkapatnam, S., & Woltering, S. (2019). Examining the structure validity of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 17(2), 209-221.
- Hermans, D., Rimé, B., & Mesquita, B. (2013). Changing Emotions. Changing Emotions. (pp. 37-+). Routledge.
- Woltering, S., & Lewis, M. D. (2011). Conceptual Development and Emotion: A Neuropsychological Perspective. The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Childhood Social Development. (pp. 45-63). Wiley-blackwell.
- Chu, S. L., Garcia, B., Quance, T., Geraci, L., Woltering, S., & Quek, F. (2016). Understanding Storytelling as a Design Framework for Cognitive Support Technologies for Older Adults. 24-33.
- Kim, S., Liu, Z., Glizer, D., Tannock, R., & Woltering, S. (2013). DO ADULTS WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT/ HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER HAVE PROBLEMS IN WORKING MEMORY?. JOURNAL OF COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE. 104-104.
- Rokeach, A., Woltering, S., Liu, Z., & Tannock, R. (2013). ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES IN INHIBITORY CONTROL BETWEEN ADHD ADULTS AND THEIR PEERS. JOURNAL OF COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE. 247-247.