Activities involve teaching Pressure Transient and Rate Transient Analysis and the Petroleum Engineering, capstone design course, where students work in teams, solving practical petroleum engineering problems with up-to-date tools, and/or tools developed in class. The technical content of the projects includes a combination of design and analysis of well systems and procedures for drilling and completing wells, characterization and evaluation of subsurface geological formations and their resources, design and analysis of systems for producing, injecting, and handling fluids, application of reservoir engineering principles, and practices for development and management of natural resources. Study and project topics focus on evaluation of Unconventional Resource Potential in South Midland Basin oil asset. Mentor Graduate and Under-graduate students on related topics.
- M.S. in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, University of Zulia - (Maracaibo, Venezuela)
- Perez Amaro, I., Chek-Yan Chelhod, N., & Laprea-Bigott, M (2020). Workflow for Optimization of Waterflood Performance: Field Example from El Furrial Field - East Venezuela Basin. Day 2 Tue, July 28, 2020, SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference.
- Parsegov, S. G., Niu, G., Schechter, D. S., & Laprea-Bigott, M. (2018). Benefits of Engineering Fracture Design. Lessons Learned from Underperformers in the Midland Basin.. Day 2 Wed, January 24, 2018, SPE Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference and Exhibition.
- Johnsen, J. D., & LaPrea-Bigott, M (2003). Technical Skill Assessment – Measuring Staff Capabilities and Optimizing Training Investments. 65th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, 65th EAGE Conference & Exhibition.
- Laprea-Bigott, M., & Morse, R. A (1980). Improved Pressure Response Representation And Reduction Of Numerical Dispersion Effects In Reservoir Simulation. All Days, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition.
- JPT SPE Honors 2020 International Award Recipients During Annual Meeting - Part II Journal of Petroleum Technology September 1, 2020
- Perez Barreiro, Laprea-Bigott, Jorda Named to CITGO Board of Directors PR Newswire July 15, 2020
- JPT SPE Announces 2020 Award Recipients Journal of Petroleum Technology July 6, 2020