My research interest is in quantitative population ecology, with a particular emphasis on understanding the dynamics of fish and wildlife populations. My studies focus on individual and population level processes because I believe a deeper knowledge of these processes will lead to a deeper understanding of how the environment affects ecological processes.
- Zhang, C., Fujiwara, M., Pawluk, M., Liu, H., Cao, W., & Gao, X. (2020). Changes in taxonomic and functional diversity of fish communities after catastrophic habitat alteration caused by construction of Three Gorges Dam. ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION.
- Kouhanestani, M. Z., Ghorbani, R., Fujiwara, M., Rabaniha, M., Amini, K., & Mahmoodi, S. (2020). Identification of larval stages of fish in southeastern coastal waters of the Caspian Sea- Golestan Province. IRANIAN JOURNAL OF FISHERIES SCIENCES. 19(1), 325-339.
- Kouhanestani, Z. M., Roelke, D. L., Ghorbani, R., & Fujiwara, M. (2019). Assessment of Spatiotemporal Phytoplankton Composition in Relation to Environmental Conditions of Gorgan Bay, Iran. ESTUARIES AND COASTS. 42(1), 173-189.
- Fujiwara, M., Martinez-Andrade, F., Wells, R., Fisher, M., Pawluk, M., & Livernois, M. C. (2019). Climate-related factors cause changes in the diversity of fish and invertebrates in subtropical coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Commun Biol. 2(1), 403.
- Fujiwara, M., Martinez-Andrade, F., Wells, R., Fisher, M., Pawluk, M., & Livernois, M. C. (2019). Climate-related factors cause changes in the diversity of fish and invertebrates in subtropical coast of the Gulf of Mexico.. Commun Biol. 2(1), 403.
- Caswell, H., Fujiwara, M., & Brault, S. (1999). Declining survival probability threatens the North Atlantic right whale. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 96(6), 3308-3313.
- Piper, Cyrenea Bragdon (2017-12). Size and Density-Dependent Survival in a Brown Shrimp (Farfantepenaeus aztecus) Population. (Master's Thesis)
- Shankara Narayana Rao, Bheemaiah Veena (2016-12). On a Spatiotemporal Population Dynamics Model to Track Density and Average Mass: Application to Brown Shrimp (Farfantepenaeus aztecus) in Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhou, Can (2015-08). A Predator-prey System with Seasonal Reproduction: Theoretical and Statistical Developments. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sun, Mengmeng (2013-05). Regional Climate Effect on Population Abundance of Major Duck Species in Interior Plains of Canada. (Master's Thesis)