Dr. David S. Schechter has over 20 years of direct experience in project analysis as a consulting reservoir engineer. Dr. Schechter has consulted and/or supervised the work flow on a wide range of projects that span almost every oil province in the world. Dr. Schechter has consulted, mentored or taught in England, Norway, Romania, China, Russia, South Korea, Australia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Bolivia, Columbia, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, and the United States. Dr. Schechter is an expert in CO2 enhanced oil recovery, naturally fractured reservoirs, CO2 injection, unconventional liquid reservoirs, surface chemistry and mentoring work flow.
- Tovar, F. D., Barrufet, M. A., & Schechter, D. S. (2021). Enhanced Oil Recovery in the Wolfcamp Shale by Carbon Dioxide or Nitrogen Injection: An Experimental Investigation. SPE Journal. 26(01), 515-537.
- Zhang, F., & Schechter, D. S. (2021). Gas and foam injection with CO2 and enriched NGL's for enhanced oil recovery in unconventional liquid reservoirs. 202, 108472-108472.
- Chen, W., & Schechter, D. S. (2021). Surfactant selection for enhanced oil recovery based on surfactant molecular structure in unconventional liquid reservoirs. 196, 107702-107702.
- Al Yousef, Z. A., Almobarky, M. A., & Schechter, D. S. (2020). Surfactant and a mixture of surfactant and nanoparticles to stabilize CO2/brine foam, control gas mobility, and enhance oil recovery. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. 10(2), 439-445.
- Saputra, I., Park, K. H., Zhang, F., Adel, I. A., & Schechter, D. S. (2019). Surfactant-Assisted Spontaneous Imbibition to Improve Oil Recovery on the Eagle Ford and Wolfcamp Shale Oil Reservoir: Laboratory to Field Analysis. Energy & Fuels. 33(8), 6904-6920.
- Park, K. H., & Schechter, D. S. (2020). Investigation of the Interaction of Surfactant at Variable Salinity with Permian Basin Rock Samples: Completion Enhancement and Application for Enhanced Oil Recovery. 35(1), 100-113.
- Alvarez, J. O., Saputra, I. W., & Schechter, D. S. (2018). The Impact of Surfactant Imbibition and Adsorption for Improving Oil Recovery in the Wolfcamp and Eagle Ford Reservoirs. 23(06), 2103-2117.
- Alvarez, J. O., Saputra, I., & Schechter, D. S. (2018). The Impact of Surfactant Imbibition and Adsorption for Improving Oil Recovery in the Wolfcamp and Eagle Ford Reservoirs. 23(6), 2103-2117.
- Alvarez, J. O., Tovar, F. D., & Schechter, D. S. (2018). Improving Oil Recovery in the Wolfcamp Reservoir by Soaking/Flowback Production Schedule With Surfactant Additives. 21(04), 1083-1096.
- Sun, J., & Schechter, D. (2018). Pressure-transient characteristics of fractured horizontal wells in unconventional shale reservoirs with construction of data-constrained discrete-fracture network. 33(1), 21-31.
- Adel Abdelraouf, Imad (2016-12). A Reliable and Rapid Technique for the Laboratory Determination of the Minimum Miscibility Pressure for CO2 - Light Crude Oil Systems Using the Slim Tube Method. (Master's Thesis)
- Martinez Antunez, Erick Rafael (2016-12). Investigation of Remaining Saturation from Gas Gravity Drainage Based on Time Lapse X-Ray CT Tomography with Application in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. (Master's Thesis)
- Sun, Jianlei (2016-08). Characterization and Simulation of Discrete Fracture Networks in Unconventional Shale Reservoirs. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Phi, Tuan Thanh (2016-08). CO2 EOR Simulation in Unconventional Liquid Reservoirs: An Eagle Ford Case Study. (Master's Thesis)
- Salazar Verbitzky, Uriel (2016-08). CO2 Injection in Unconventional Reservoirs: Chicontepec Turbidites Case Study. (Master's Thesis)