Myresearch interests focus on both subtractive and additive manufacturing fields. The subtractive topics include advanced machining processes, material removal mechanics and design of surgical tools. The additive topics include 3D printing of UV-curable silicones, composites and process improvements of fuse deposition modeling (FDM).
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Applied Mechanics, National Taiwan University - (Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan) 2006
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University - (Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan) 2004
- Kim, D. S., Suriboot, J., Grunlan, M. A., & Tai, B. L. (2019). Feasibility Study of Silicone Stereolithography with an Optically Created Dead Zone. ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING. 29, 100793-100793.
- Shih, C., Burnette, M., Staack, D., Wang, J., & Tai, B. L. (2019). Effects of Cold Plasma Treatment on Interlayer Bonding Strength in FFF Process. ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING. 25, 104-111.
- Tai, B. L., Kao, Y., Payne, N., Zheng, Y., Chen, L., & Shih, A. J. (2018). 3D Printed composite for simulating thermal and mechanical responses of the cortical bone in orthopaedic surgery. Medical Engineering and Physics. 61, 61-68.
- Mizuno, Y., Pardivala, N., & Tai, B. L. (2018). Projected UV-Resin Curing for Self-Supported 3D Printing. Manufacturing Letters. 18, 24-26.
- Khan, W. A., Hoang, N. M., Tai, B., & Hung, W. (2018). Through-tool minimum quantity lubrication and effect on machinability. JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING PROCESSES. 34, 750-757.
- Kuttolamadom, M., Liu, M. A., Wang, J., Tai, B. L., Noynaert, S. F., Sagapuram, D., & Kennedy, M. S. (2018). Interdisciplinary research experiences for undergraduates in metrology and non-destructive inspection. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
- Chegdani, F., Takabi, B., Tai, B. L., Mansori, M. E., & Bukkapatnam, S. (2018). Thermal Effects on Tribological Behavior in Machining Natural Fiber Composites. 6TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED HUMAN FACTORS AND ERGONOMICS (AHFE 2015) AND THE AFFILIATED CONFERENCES, AHFE 2015. 26, 305-316.
- Kao, Y., Takabi, B., Hu, M., & Tai, B. L. (2017). Coolant Channel and Flow Characteristics of MQL Drill Bits: Experimental and Numerical Analyses. 2, v002t03a031-v002t03a031.
- Amin, A. R., Kao, Y. T., Tai, B. L., & Wang, J. (2017). Dynamic response of 3d-printed Bi-material structure using drop weight impact test. 2,
- Vangsness, C. T., & Tai, B. L. (2017). A Feasibility Study of Laser-assisted Titanium Implant Drilling for Periprosthetic Fracture Repair. Procedia CIRP. 65, 253-258.