My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Fullerton, T. L., & Anand, N. K. (2010). An alternative approach to study periodically fully-developed flow and heat transfer problems subject to isothermal heating conditions. International Journal of Engineering Science. 48(11), 1253-1262.
- Fullerton, T. L., & Anand, N. K. (2010). Periodically Fully-Developed Flow and Heat Transfer Over Flat and Oval Tubes Using a Control Volume Finite-Element Method. Numerical Heat Transfer Part A Applications. 57(9), 642-665.
- Saldaña, J., Sarin, V., & Anand, N. K. (2009). Parallelization of a Simple-Based Algorithm to Simulate Mixed Convective Flow Over a Backward-Facing Step. NUMERICAL HEAT TRANSFER PART B-FUNDAMENTALS. 56(2), 105-118.
- Mlcak, J. D., Anand, N. K., & Rightley, M. J. (2008). Three-dimensional laminar flow and heat transfer in a parallel array of microchannels etched on a substrate. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 51(21-22), 5182-5191.
- Ko, M., & Anand, N. K. (2008). Three-Dimensional Combined Convective-Radiative Heat Transfer over a Horizontal Backward-Facing Step—A Finite-Volume Method. Numerical Heat Transfer Part A Applications. 54(2), 109-129.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). High-Fidelity Velocity Measurements in a Cross-flow Plane of a Randomly Packed Bed Using Time-resolved Particle Image Velocimetry. 2019-May,
- Alwafi, A., Hassan, Y., Nguyen, T., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Investigation of the flow near the wall of a single impinging jet at the scaled upper plenum of HTGR using TR-PIV. 2019-May(0),
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1234-1237.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 118, 1234-1237.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. (2018). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of jet impingement in a HTGR upper plenum. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1120-1122.
- Hall of Fame conferred by Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2011
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Razi, Pooyan (2016-05). Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) Method for Turbulence Simulations: Near-Wall Modeling and Smooth-Surface Separation Computations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Roy, Pratanu (2014-12). Numerical Study of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mcvay, Kyle (2014-08). Experimental Design and Flow Visualization for the Upper Plenum of a Very High Temperature Gas Cooled for Computer Fluid Dynamics Validation. (Master's Thesis)
- Fullerton, Tracy (2011-12). Numerical Study of Convective Heat Transfer in Flat Tube Heat Exchangers Operating in Self-Sustained Oscillatory Flow Regimes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Arasanipalai, Sriram Sharan (2008-12). Two-equation model computations of high-speed (ma=2.25, 7.2), turbulent boundary layers. (Master's Thesis)
- Ijaz, Muhammad (2007-12). Implicit Runge-Kutta Methods to Simulate Unsteady Incompressible Flows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ko, Min Seok (2007-12). Numerical Simulation of Three-Dimensional Combined Convective Radiative Heat Transfer in Rectangular Channels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mlcak, Justin Dale (2007-05). Simulation of Three-Dimensional Laminar Flow and Heat Transfer in an Array of Parallel Microchannels. (Master's Thesis)
- Barbosa Saldana, Juan Gabriel (2006-05). Numerical simualtion of mixed convection over a three-dimensional horizontal backward-facing step. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ko, Kang-Hoon (2004-12). Heat transfer enhancement in a channel with porous baffles. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gutierrez Torres, Claudia del Carmen (2004-08). Modification of turbulent structure in channel flows by microbubble injection close to the wall. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bahaidarah, Haitham M. S. (2004-08). A numerical study of heat and momentum transfer over a bank of flat tubes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Miranda, Bruno Monte Da Silva (2003-12). A numerical study of convection in a channel with porous baffles. (Master's Thesis)