My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Delgado, M., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Experimental flow visualization study using particle image velocimetry in a helical coil steam generator with changing lateral pitch geometry. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 133, 756-768.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements of a single impinging jet in the upper plenum of a scaled facility of high temperature gas-cooled reactors. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. 76, 113-129.
- Nguyen, T., Muyshondt, R., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Experimental investigation of cross flow mixing in a randomly packed bed and streamwise vortex characteristics using particle image velocimetry and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. 31(2), 025101-025101.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., Hassan, Y. A., & Nguyen, T. (2019). Large eddy simulations of the turbulent flows of twin parallel jets. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 129, 1263-1273.
- Delgado, M., Lee, S., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2018). Flow visualization study at the interface of alternating pitch tube bundles in a model helical coil steam generator using particle image velocimetry. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 122, 614-628.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- McVay, K. L., Park, J. H., Lee, S., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2014). Experimental design and flow visualization for the upper plenum of a scaled VHTR. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 111, 115-118.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Banerjee, D. (2013). A Review of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. WORLD MULTIDISCIPLINARY CIVIL ENGINEERING-ARCHITECTURE-URBAN PLANNING SYMPOSIUM 2016, WMCAUS 2016. 56, 7-17.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., Banerjee, D., & ASME, .. (2012). A NUMERICAL STUDY OF UNSTEADY LAMINAR FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER THROUGH AN ARRAY OF ROTATING RECTANGULAR MICROCHANNELS. 6(PARTS A AND B), 1141-1145.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Banerjee, D. (2012). Numerical Investigation of Slip Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Rectangular Microchannels. 2, 1087-1094.
- Jeon, S., Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Banerjee, D. (2010). Investigation of Flow Boiling on Nanostructured Surfaces. 1, 577-582.
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Razi, Pooyan (2016-05). Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) Method for Turbulence Simulations: Near-Wall Modeling and Smooth-Surface Separation Computations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Roy, Pratanu (2014-12). Numerical Study of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mcvay, Kyle (2014-08). Experimental Design and Flow Visualization for the Upper Plenum of a Very High Temperature Gas Cooled for Computer Fluid Dynamics Validation. (Master's Thesis)