My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- ANAND, N. K., & MCFARLAND, A. R. (1989). Particle Deposition in Aerosol Sampling Lines Caused by Turbulent Diffusion and Gravitational Settling. AIHA Journal. 50(6), 307-312.
- Suh, Y. B., Somasundaram, S., & Anand, N. K. (1989). Remarks on the Potential Cross Flow Over Tube Banks. Journal of Applied Mechanics. 56(2), 476-479.
- Suh, Y. B., Anand, N. K., Aung, W., & Somasundaram, S. (1988). Steady-state moisture profiles in an unsaturated porous medium with impermeable boundaries. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 31(12), 2587-2589.
- Somasundaram, S., Anand, N. K., & Husain, S. R. (1988). CALCULATION OF TRANSIENT TURBULENT HEAT TRANSFER IN A RECTANGULAR CHANNEL: TWO-LAYER MODEL. Numerical Heat Transfer. 13(4), 467-480.
- Fithen, R. M., & Anand, N. K. (1988). FINITE-ELEMENT ANALYSIS OF CONJUGATE HEAT TRANSFER IN AXISYMMETRIC PIPE FLOWS. Numerical Heat Transfer. 13(2), 189-203.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). High-Fidelity Velocity Measurements in a Cross-flow Plane of a Randomly Packed Bed Using Time-resolved Particle Image Velocimetry. 2019-May,
- Alwafi, A., Hassan, Y., Nguyen, T., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Investigation of the flow near the wall of a single impinging jet at the scaled upper plenum of HTGR using TR-PIV. 2019-May(0),
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1234-1237.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 118, 1234-1237.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. (2018). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of jet impingement in a HTGR upper plenum. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1120-1122.
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Razi, Pooyan (2016-05). Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) Method for Turbulence Simulations: Near-Wall Modeling and Smooth-Surface Separation Computations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Roy, Pratanu (2014-12). Numerical Study of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mcvay, Kyle (2014-08). Experimental Design and Flow Visualization for the Upper Plenum of a Very High Temperature Gas Cooled for Computer Fluid Dynamics Validation. (Master's Thesis)