My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Delgado, M., Lee, S., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2018). Flow visualization study at the interface of alternating pitch tube bundles in a model helical coil steam generator using particle image velocimetry. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 122, 614-628.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Donzis, D. (2015). A Parallel Multigrid Finite-Volume Solver on a Collocated Grid for Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations. NUMERICAL HEAT TRANSFER PART B-FUNDAMENTALS. 67(5), 376-409.
- McVay, K. L., Park, J., Lee, S., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2015). Preliminary tests of particle image velocimetry for the upper plenum of a scaled model of a very high temperature gas cooled reactor. Progress in Nuclear Energy. 83, 305-317.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Banerjee, D. (2013). Numerical simulation of flow and heat transfer in radially rotating microchannels. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics. 15(3), 397-413.
- Roy, P., Anand, N. K., & Banerjee, D. (2013). Liquid slip and heat transfer in rotating rectangular microchannels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 62(1), 184-199.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). High-Fidelity Velocity Measurements in a Cross-flow Plane of a Randomly Packed Bed Using Time-resolved Particle Image Velocimetry. 2019-May,
- Alwafi, A., Hassan, Y., Nguyen, T., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Investigation of the flow near the wall of a single impinging jet at the scaled upper plenum of HTGR using TR-PIV. 2019-May(0),
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1234-1237.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 118, 1234-1237.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. (2018). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of jet impingement in a HTGR upper plenum. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1120-1122.
- Hall of Fame conferred by Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2011