My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Delgado, M., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Experimental flow visualization study using particle image velocimetry in a helical coil steam generator with changing lateral pitch geometry. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 133, 756-768.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements of a single impinging jet in the upper plenum of a scaled facility of high temperature gas-cooled reactors. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. 76, 113-129.
- Nguyen, T., Muyshondt, R., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Experimental investigation of cross flow mixing in a randomly packed bed and streamwise vortex characteristics using particle image velocimetry and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS. 31(2), 025101-025101.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., Hassan, Y. A., & Nguyen, T. (2019). Large eddy simulations of the turbulent flows of twin parallel jets. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 129, 1263-1273.
- Delgado, M., Lee, S., Hassan, Y. A., & Anand, N. K. (2018). Flow visualization study at the interface of alternating pitch tube bundles in a model helical coil steam generator using particle image velocimetry. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 122, 614-628.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Guo, Z., & Anand, N. K. (1999). Condensation of R-410A in a Rectangular Channel. SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT. 5(2), 97-122.
- Talik, A. C., Fletcher, L. S., Anand, N. K., & Swanson, L. W. (1995). Heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of a plate heat exchanger using a propylene-glycol/water mixture as the working fluid. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Heat Transfer Division, (Publication) HTD. 314(12),
- Watson, J. C., Anand, N. K., & Fletcher, L. S. (1995). Mixed convective heat transfer between a series of vertical parallel plates with planar heat sources. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Heat Transfer Division, (Publication) HTD. 317-1, 401-412.
- Kim, S. H., & Anand, N. K. (1994). Laminar heat transfer between a series of parallel plates with surface-mounted discrete heat sources. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Heat Transfer Division, (Publication) HTD. 292, 55-70.
- Choi, J. M., Anand, N. K., & Lau, S. C. (1993). Turbulent heat transfer measurement and numerical prediction in a serpentine channel. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (Paper). 1-11.
- Hall of Fame conferred by Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2011
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Razi, Pooyan (2016-05). Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) Method for Turbulence Simulations: Near-Wall Modeling and Smooth-Surface Separation Computations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Roy, Pratanu (2014-12). Numerical Study of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mcvay, Kyle (2014-08). Experimental Design and Flow Visualization for the Upper Plenum of a Very High Temperature Gas Cooled for Computer Fluid Dynamics Validation. (Master's Thesis)