My research focuses on condensation heat transfer, numerical heat transfer and fluid flow, numerical techniques, heat exchangers, porous media, and aerosols. We have a Computational Heat Transfer Laboratory (CHTL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The laboratory's vision is to impact today's technology and academics in the area of heat transfer and fluid dynamics by quality research and study.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1983
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1979
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University - (Bengaluru, Karnataka, India) 1978
- Saldana, J., Anand, N. K., & Sarin, V. (2005). Numerical Simulation of Mixed Convective Flow Over a Three-Dimensional Horizontal Backward Facing Step. Transactions - ASME: Journal of Heat Transfer. 127(9), 1027-1036.
- Bahaidarah, H., Anand, N. K., & Chen, H. C. (2005). NUMERICAL STUDY OF HEAT AND MOMENTUM TRANSFER IN CHANNELS WITH WAVY WALLS. Numerical Heat Transfer Part A Applications. 47(5), 417-439.
- Da Silva Miranda, B. M., & Anand, N. K. (2004). CONVECTIVE HEAT TRANSFER IN A CHANNEL WITH POROUS BAFFLES. Numerical Heat Transfer Part A Applications. 46(5), 425-452.
- RAVINDRAN, P., ANAND, N. K., & SOUDI, M. (2004). Steady Free Surface Flow of a Fluid-Solid Mixture Down an Inclined Plane. Particulate Science and Technology. 22(3), 253-273.
- Massoudi, M., & Anand, N. K. (2004). A theoretical study of heat transfer to flowing granular materials. Vol. 9, no 2, 383-398.
- Anand, N.K. [Texas A and M Univ., College Station, TX (United States). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .., & Kim, S.H. [Kei Muyung Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of). Dept. of Mechanical Engineering], .. (1996). Heat transfer in channels simulating cooling passages of electronic components. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States).
- Muyshondt, R., Nguyen, T., Hassan, Y., & Anand, N. K. (2019). High-Fidelity Velocity Measurements in a Cross-flow Plane of a Randomly Packed Bed Using Time-resolved Particle Image Velocimetry. 2019-May,
- Alwafi, A., Hassan, Y., Nguyen, T., & Anand, N. K. (2019). Investigation of the flow near the wall of a single impinging jet at the scaled upper plenum of HTGR using TR-PIV. 2019-May(0),
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1234-1237.
- Li, H., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. A. (2018). Large eddy simulations on turbulent flow of twin parallel jets. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 118, 1234-1237.
- Alwafi, A., Nguyen, T., Anand, N. K., & Hassan, Y. (2018). Time-resolved particle image velocimetry measurements and proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of jet impingement in a HTGR upper plenum. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings. 2018-May, 1120-1122.
- Hall of Fame conferred by Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2011
- Li, Han (2018-12). Computational Study of Interaction of Twin Rectangular Jets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Jae Hyung (2016-08). Natural Circulation in the Upper Plenum of a Scaled Model of a Very High Temperature Reactor in the Event of Loss-of-Coolant Accident. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Razi, Pooyan (2016-05). Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) Method for Turbulence Simulations: Near-Wall Modeling and Smooth-Surface Separation Computations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Roy, Pratanu (2014-12). Numerical Study of Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating Microchannels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mcvay, Kyle (2014-08). Experimental Design and Flow Visualization for the Upper Plenum of a Very High Temperature Gas Cooled for Computer Fluid Dynamics Validation. (Master's Thesis)