education and training
- Murray, S. A., Holbert, A. C., Norman, K. N., Lawhon, S. D., Sawyer, J. E., & Scott, H. M. (2020). Macrolide‐susceptible probiotic Enterococcus faecium ST296 exhibits faecal‐environmental‐oral microbial community cycling among beef cattle in feedlots. LETTERS IN APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY. (4), 274-281.
- Riley, D. G., Sawyer, J. E., & Craig, T. M. (2020). Shedding and characterization of gastrointestinal nematodes of growing beef heifers in Central Texas. Veterinary Parasitology X. 3, 100024-100024.
- Picking, E. M., Trubenbach, L. A., Bazer, F. W., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., & Satterfield, M. C. (2020). Technical note: Relationship between placentome location and gene expression in bovine pregnancy.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(6),
- Fuller, A. L., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., Brown-Brandl, T. M., & Hales, K. E. (2020). The effects of the forage-to-concentrate ratio on the conversion of digestible energy to metabolizable energy in growing beef steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(8), skaa231.
- Baber, J., Sawyer, J., Holland, B., Karr, K., Word, A., & Wickersham, T. (2019). 146 Net protein contribution of feedlots from 2006 to 2017. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_3), 146-146.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- de Vasconcelos, Judson Tadeu (2006-12). The use of different nutritional strategies and mathematical models to improve production efficiency, profitability, and carcass quality of feedlot cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bumpus, Emalee Kate (2005-05). Influence of acetogenic versus propiogenic supplements on adipose tissue accretion in stocker steers grazing ryegrass pasture. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471