education and training
- Riley, D. G., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., ... Sanders, J. O. (2020). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 2. Palatability. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 232, 103897-103897.
- Tolleson, D. R., Angerer, J. P., Kreuter, U. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Growing Degree Day: Noninvasive Remotely Sensed Method to Monitor Diet Crude Protein in Free-Ranging Cattle. RANGELAND ECOLOGY & MANAGEMENT. 73(2), 234-242.
- Murray, S. A., Holbert, A. C., Norman, K. N., Lawhon, S. D., Sawyer, J. E., & Scott, H. M. (2020). Macrolide‐susceptible probiotic Enterococcus faecium ST296 exhibits faecal‐environmental‐oral microbial community cycling among beef cattle in feedlots. LETTERS IN APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY. 70(4), 274-281.
- Riley, D. G., Sawyer, J. E., & Craig, T. M. (2020). Shedding and characterization of gastrointestinal nematodes of growing beef heifers in Central Texas. Veterinary Parasitology X. 3, 100024-100024.
- Picking, E. M., Trubenbach, L. A., Bazer, F. W., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., & Satterfield, M. C. (2020). Technical note: Relationship between placentome location and gene expression in bovine pregnancy.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(6),
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 87, 19-19.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. POULTRY SCI.. 83, 19-19.
- Mathis, C. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2004). New Mexico forage mineral survey. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 115-115.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ponce, Christian (2010-08). Effects of Ruminally Degradable Nitrogen in Diets Containing Wet Distiller's Grains with Solubles and Steam-flaked Corn on Feedlot Cattle Performance and Carcass Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Horne, Willy J. (2009-05). Application of vaccination protocols to manage beef cattle productivity and mitigate production risk. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhoades, Ryan D. (2008-08). Influence of dietary energy source on in vitro substrate utilization and insulin sensitivity of muscle and adipose tissue of beef cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Franke, Jake Andrew (2008-05). Effects of breed type and growing program on performance and carcass characteristics of early weaned calves. (Master's Thesis)
- Thayne, Jeffrey Thomas (2007-08). The effects of Bio-Mos on lamb growth and immune function. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471