education and training
- Minten, M. A., Bilby, T. R., Bruno, R., Allen, C. C., Sawyer, J. E., Bazer, F. W., & Spencer, T. E. (2011). Identification of Beef Heifers with Superior Capacity for Fertility.. Biology of Reproduction. 85(Suppl_1), 465-465.
- Rambo, Z. J., Sawyer, J. E., Skaggs, C. L., & Wickersham, T. A. (2010). Dried distillers grains as a protein supplement to cattle consuming Bermudagrass hay. Journal of Dairy Science. 93, 706-706.
- Kenney, N. M., Sawyer, J. E., III, D., & Wickersham, T. A. (2010). Effect of maturity and nitrogen fertilization on bahiagrass production and nutritive value. Journal of Dairy Science. 93, 194-194.
- Terrill, C. L., Friend, T. H., & Sawyer, J. E. (2010). Tail deflection as a measure of emotional state in canines.. Journal of Dairy Science. 93, 324-324.
- Smith, S. B., Kawachi, H., Choi, C. B., Choi, C. W., Wu, G., & Sawyer, J. E. (2009). Cellular regulation of bovine intramuscular adipose tissue development and composition.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 87(14 Suppl), e72-e82.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471