education and training
- Riley, D. G., Mantilla-Rojas, C., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., ... Sanders, J. O. (2020). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 3. Aroma and flavor attributes of cooked steaks. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 233, 103943-103943.
- Baber, J. R., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., Brown-Brandl, T. M., & Hales, K. E. (2020). Effects of diet type on nutrient utilization and energy balance in drylot heifers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(1),
- Word, A. B., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., Mays, G. B., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of metaphylaxis on production responses and total antimicrobial use in high-risk beef calves. Applied Animal Science. 36(2), 265-270.
- Boardman, C. J., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of monensin inclusion and level of intake in limit-feeding strategies for beef cows. Translational Animal Science. 4(3), txaa108-.
- Bohlen, L. E., Sawyer, J. E., Cox, J. R., Redmon, L. A., & Wickersham, T. A. (2020). Expeller-pressed and solvent-extracted Pongamia seedcake as a protein supplement for cattle consuming a basal diet of forage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 266, 114521-114521.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471