education and training
- Riley, D. G., Mantilla-Rojas, C., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., ... Sanders, J. O. (2020). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 3. Aroma and flavor attributes of cooked steaks. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 233, 103943-103943.
- Baber, J. R., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., Brown-Brandl, T. M., & Hales, K. E. (2020). Effects of diet type on nutrient utilization and energy balance in drylot heifers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(1),
- Word, A. B., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., Mays, G. B., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of metaphylaxis on production responses and total antimicrobial use in high-risk beef calves. Applied Animal Science. 36(2), 265-270.
- Boardman, C. J., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of monensin inclusion and level of intake in limit-feeding strategies for beef cows. Translational Animal Science. 4(3), txaa108-.
- Bohlen, L. E., Sawyer, J. E., Cox, J. R., Redmon, L. A., & Wickersham, T. A. (2020). Expeller-pressed and solvent-extracted Pongamia seedcake as a protein supplement for cattle consuming a basal diet of forage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 266, 114521-114521.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 87, 19-19.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. POULTRY SCI.. 83, 19-19.
- Mathis, C. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2004). New Mexico forage mineral survey. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 115-115.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ponce, Christian (2010-08). Effects of Ruminally Degradable Nitrogen in Diets Containing Wet Distiller's Grains with Solubles and Steam-flaked Corn on Feedlot Cattle Performance and Carcass Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Horne, Willy J. (2009-05). Application of vaccination protocols to manage beef cattle productivity and mitigate production risk. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhoades, Ryan D. (2008-08). Influence of dietary energy source on in vitro substrate utilization and insulin sensitivity of muscle and adipose tissue of beef cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Franke, Jake Andrew (2008-05). Effects of breed type and growing program on performance and carcass characteristics of early weaned calves. (Master's Thesis)
- Thayne, Jeffrey Thomas (2007-08). The effects of Bio-Mos on lamb growth and immune function. (Master's Thesis)
- de Vasconcelos, Judson Tadeu (2006-12). The use of different nutritional strategies and mathematical models to improve production efficiency, profitability, and carcass quality of feedlot cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bumpus, Emalee Kate (2005-05). Influence of acetogenic versus propiogenic supplements on adipose tissue accretion in stocker steers grazing ryegrass pasture. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471