education and training
- Daigle, C. L., Jackson, B., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2017). Impact of exercise on productivity, behavior, and immune functioning of weaned Bos indicus–cross calves housed in drylots. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(12), 5230-5239.
- Morrill, J. C., Sawyer, J. E., Smith, S. B., Miller, R. K., Baber, J. R., & Wickersham, T. A. (2017). Post-extraction algal residue in beef steer finishing diets: I. Nutrient utilization and carcass characteristics. Algal Research. 25, 584-588.
- Morrill, J. C., Sawyer, J. E., Smith, S. B., Miller, R. K., Johnson, M. D., & Wickersham, T. A. (2017). Post-extraction algal residue in beef steer finishing diets: II. Beef flavor, fatty acid composition, and tenderness. Algal Research. 25, 578-583.
- Rojas, C. M., Riggs, P. K., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Sanders, J. O., Sawyer, J. E., Miller, R. K., & Riley, D. G. (2016). 003 Genome wide association of beef flavor and tenderness in steaks (with electrical stimulation and without) from carcasses of Nellore-Bos taurus steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 94(suppl_1), 2-2.
- Bohac, J. K., Sanders, J. O., Herring, A. D., Riley, D. G., & Sawyer, J. E. (2016). 004 Longevity of Brahman, Angus, F1 and F2 Brahman-Angus cows. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 94(suppl_1), 2-2.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ponce, Christian (2010-08). Effects of Ruminally Degradable Nitrogen in Diets Containing Wet Distiller's Grains with Solubles and Steam-flaked Corn on Feedlot Cattle Performance and Carcass Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Horne, Willy J. (2009-05). Application of vaccination protocols to manage beef cattle productivity and mitigate production risk. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhoades, Ryan D. (2008-08). Influence of dietary energy source on in vitro substrate utilization and insulin sensitivity of muscle and adipose tissue of beef cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Franke, Jake Andrew (2008-05). Effects of breed type and growing program on performance and carcass characteristics of early weaned calves. (Master's Thesis)
- Thayne, Jeffrey Thomas (2007-08). The effects of Bio-Mos on lamb growth and immune function. (Master's Thesis)
- de Vasconcelos, Judson Tadeu (2006-12). The use of different nutritional strategies and mathematical models to improve production efficiency, profitability, and carcass quality of feedlot cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bumpus, Emalee Kate (2005-05). Influence of acetogenic versus propiogenic supplements on adipose tissue accretion in stocker steers grazing ryegrass pasture. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471