education and training
- Picking, E. M., Trubenbach, L. A., Bazer, F. W., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., & Satterfield, M. C. (2020). Technical note: Relationship between placentome location and gene expression in bovine pregnancy.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(6),
- Ponce, C. H., Cole, N. A., Sawyer, J., da Silva, J., Smith, D. R., Maxwell, C., & Brown, M. S. (2019). Effects of wet corn distiller’s grains with solubles and non-protein nitrogen on feeding efficiency, growth performance, carcass characteristics and nutrient losses of yearling steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(6), 2609-2630.
- Crossland, W. L., Jobe, J. T., Ribeiro, F., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers-I: Effects on feeding performance traits, the composition of growth, and carcass characteristics1.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1335-1346.
- Crossland, W. L., Cagle, C. M., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. II. Effects on rumen pH and liver health of feedlot steers1.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1347-1363.
- Riley, D. G., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., ... Sanders, J. O. (2019). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 1. Carcass. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 229, 150-158.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Ponce, Christian (2010-08). Effects of Ruminally Degradable Nitrogen in Diets Containing Wet Distiller's Grains with Solubles and Steam-flaked Corn on Feedlot Cattle Performance and Carcass Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Horne, Willy J. (2009-05). Application of vaccination protocols to manage beef cattle productivity and mitigate production risk. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhoades, Ryan D. (2008-08). Influence of dietary energy source on in vitro substrate utilization and insulin sensitivity of muscle and adipose tissue of beef cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Franke, Jake Andrew (2008-05). Effects of breed type and growing program on performance and carcass characteristics of early weaned calves. (Master's Thesis)
- Thayne, Jeffrey Thomas (2007-08). The effects of Bio-Mos on lamb growth and immune function. (Master's Thesis)
- de Vasconcelos, Judson Tadeu (2006-12). The use of different nutritional strategies and mathematical models to improve production efficiency, profitability, and carcass quality of feedlot cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bumpus, Emalee Kate (2005-05). Influence of acetogenic versus propiogenic supplements on adipose tissue accretion in stocker steers grazing ryegrass pasture. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471