education and training
- Hubbard, A. J., Sawyer, J., Cooke, R. F., & Daigle, C. L. (2019). PSII-28 Impact of commingling on feedlot steer productivity. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_3), 245-246.
- Whitney, T. R., Sawyer, J. E., Tedeschi, L. O., & Colombo, E. A. (2019). Substituting hammermilled Juniperus spp. for chopped alfalfa hay in steer feedlot diets: growth performance and blood serum chemistry. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 227, 1-10.
- Baber, J., Sawyer, J., & Wickersham, T. (2018). 110 Evaluation of net protein contribution and methane production from beef production as the duration of confinement increases in the cow-calf sector.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 367-368.
- Daigle, C. L., Mathias, A. J., Ridge, E. E., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). Case Study: Effect of exercise programs during receiving in a commercial feedlot on behavior and productivity of Brahman crossbred calves: Results from a commercial environment and a comparison to the research environment. The Professional Animal Scientist. 34(6), 653-663.
- BELK, A. D., ARNOLD, A. N., SAWYER, J. E., GRIFFIN, D. B., TAYLOR, T. M., SAVELL, J. W., & GEHRING, K. B. (2018). Comparison of Salmonella Prevalence Rates in Bovine Lymph Nodes across Feeding Stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471