education and training
- Fuller, A. L., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., Brown-Brandl, T. M., & Hales, K. E. (2020). The effects of the forage-to-concentrate ratio on the conversion of digestible energy to metabolizable energy in growing beef steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(8), skaa231.
- Baber, J., Sawyer, J., Holland, B., Karr, K., Word, A., & Wickersham, T. (2019). 146 Net protein contribution of feedlots from 2006 to 2017. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_3), 146-146.
- Knowles, A., Paschal, J., Runyan, C., Sawyer, J., & Herring, A. (2019). 320 Carcass characteristics of Bos indicus-Bos taurus steers following BVDV type 1b challenge. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_3), 6-6.
- Ponce, C. H., Cole, N. A., Sawyer, J., da Silva, J., Smith, D. R., Maxwell, C., & Brown, M. S. (2019). Effects of wet corn distiller’s grains with solubles and non-protein nitrogen on feeding efficiency, growth performance, carcass characteristics and nutrient losses of yearling steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(6), 2609-2630.
- Crossland, W. L., Jobe, J. T., Ribeiro, F., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers-I: Effects on feeding performance traits, the composition of growth, and carcass characteristics1.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1335-1346.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471