education and training
- Whitney, T. R., Sawyer, J. E., Tedeschi, L. O., & Colombo, E. A. (2019). Substituting hammermilled Juniperus spp. for chopped alfalfa hay in steer feedlot diets: growth performance and blood serum chemistry. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 227, 1-10.
- Baber, J., Sawyer, J., & Wickersham, T. (2018). 110 Evaluation of net protein contribution and methane production from beef production as the duration of confinement increases in the cow-calf sector.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 367-368.
- Daigle, C. L., Mathias, A. J., Ridge, E. E., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). Case Study: Effect of exercise programs during receiving in a commercial feedlot on behavior and productivity of Brahman crossbred calves: Results from a commercial environment and a comparison to the research environment. The Professional Animal Scientist. 34(6), 653-663.
- BELK, A. D., ARNOLD, A. N., SAWYER, J. E., GRIFFIN, D. B., TAYLOR, T. M., SAVELL, J. W., & GEHRING, K. B. (2018). Comparison of Salmonella Prevalence Rates in Bovine Lymph Nodes across Feeding Stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
- Muntean, C. T., Herring, A. D., Riley, D. G., Gill, C. A., Sawyer, J. E., & Sanders, J. O. (2018). Evaluation of F1 cows sired by Brahman, Boran, and Tuli bulls for reproductive, maternal, and cow longevity traits.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(7), 2545-2552.
- Trubenbach, L. A., Wickersham, T. A., Satterfield, M. C., White, S. H., Long, J. M., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). 115 Effects of Intake Restriction on Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Mass and Metabolism in Cows.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 61-62.
- Crossland, W. L., Norris, A. B., Cagle, C. M., Tedeschi, L. O., Carstens, G. E., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & AlZahal, O. (2018). 118 Effects of an Active Dry Yeast Supplement on Ruminal pH, Feeding Performance, and Carcass Characteristics of Feedlot Steers.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 63-63.
- Van Raay, E. E., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., Gill, R., & Daigle, C. L. (2018). 32 Effect of Exercise on Calf Productivity, Health and Behavior.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 17-18.
- Stribling, E. J., Wickersham, T. A., Cardoso, R. C., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). 93 Production and Economic Effects of Developing Heifers on Three Different Levels of Single Stair-Step Nutrition Programs.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 49-50.
- Daigle, C. L., Jackson, B. L., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2017). 007 Impact of exercise on productivity and behavior of weaned Bos indicus–cross calves housed in drylots. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 3-4.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Ponce, Christian (2010-08). Effects of Ruminally Degradable Nitrogen in Diets Containing Wet Distiller's Grains with Solubles and Steam-flaked Corn on Feedlot Cattle Performance and Carcass Characteristics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Horne, Willy J. (2009-05). Application of vaccination protocols to manage beef cattle productivity and mitigate production risk. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhoades, Ryan D. (2008-08). Influence of dietary energy source on in vitro substrate utilization and insulin sensitivity of muscle and adipose tissue of beef cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Franke, Jake Andrew (2008-05). Effects of breed type and growing program on performance and carcass characteristics of early weaned calves. (Master's Thesis)
- Thayne, Jeffrey Thomas (2007-08). The effects of Bio-Mos on lamb growth and immune function. (Master's Thesis)
- de Vasconcelos, Judson Tadeu (2006-12). The use of different nutritional strategies and mathematical models to improve production efficiency, profitability, and carcass quality of feedlot cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bumpus, Emalee Kate (2005-05). Influence of acetogenic versus propiogenic supplements on adipose tissue accretion in stocker steers grazing ryegrass pasture. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471