education and training
- Whitney, T. R., Sawyer, J. E., Tedeschi, L. O., & Colombo, E. A. (2019). Substituting hammermilled Juniperus spp. for chopped alfalfa hay in steer feedlot diets: growth performance and blood serum chemistry. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 227, 1-10.
- Baber, J., Sawyer, J., & Wickersham, T. (2018). 110 Evaluation of net protein contribution and methane production from beef production as the duration of confinement increases in the cow-calf sector.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_3), 367-368.
- Daigle, C. L., Mathias, A. J., Ridge, E. E., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). Case Study: Effect of exercise programs during receiving in a commercial feedlot on behavior and productivity of Brahman crossbred calves: Results from a commercial environment and a comparison to the research environment. The Professional Animal Scientist. 34(6), 653-663.
- BELK, A. D., ARNOLD, A. N., SAWYER, J. E., GRIFFIN, D. B., TAYLOR, T. M., SAVELL, J. W., & GEHRING, K. B. (2018). Comparison of Salmonella Prevalence Rates in Bovine Lymph Nodes across Feeding Stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
- Hemphill, C. N., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Brown-Brandl, T. M., Freetly, H. C., & Hales, K. E. (2018). Effects of feeding monensin to bred heifers fed in a drylot on nutrient and energy balance.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(3), 1171-1180.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 87, 19-19.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. POULTRY SCI.. 83, 19-19.
- Mathis, C. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2004). New Mexico forage mineral survey. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 115-115.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471