education and training
- Sawyer, J. E., Mathis, C. P., & Davis, B. (2004). Effects of feeding strategy and age on live animal performance, carcass characteristics, and economics of short-term feeding programs for culled beef cows.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82(12), 3646-3653.
- Sawyer, J. E., Mathis, C. P., Löest, C. A., Walker, D. A., Malcolm-Callis, K. J., Blan, L. A., & Taylor, R. (2003). Niche-Targeted vs Conventional Finishing Programs for Beef Steers11This research was funded in part by the New Mexico Agricultural Experiment Station and Range Improvement Task Force.. The Professional Animal Scientist. 19(2), 188-194.
- Sawyer, J. E., Knox, L. A., Donart, G. B., & Petersen, M. K. (2001). The Nutritive Quality of Cholla Cactus as Affected by Burning. Journal of Range Management. 54(3), 249-253.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 87, 19-19.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. POULTRY SCI.. 83, 19-19.
- Mathis, C. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2004). New Mexico forage mineral survey. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 115-115.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471