education and training
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. Journal of Dairy Science. 87, 19-19.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. POULTRY SCI.. 83, 19-19.
- Mathis, C. P., & Sawyer, J. E. (2004). New Mexico forage mineral survey. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 115-115.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471