education and training
- Crossland, W. L., Cagle, C. M., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. II. Effects on rumen pH and liver health of feedlot steers1.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1347-1363.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2019). Evaluation of net protein contribution, methane production, and net returns from beef production as duration of confinement increases in the cow–calf sector. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(7), 2675-2686.
- Riley, D. G., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., ... Sanders, J. O. (2019). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 1. Carcass. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 229, 150-158.
- Trubenbach, L. A., Wickersham, T. A., Bierschwale, L. N., Morrill, J. C., Baber, J. R., & Sawyer, J. E. (2019). Limit feeding as a strategy to increase energy efficiency in intensified cow-calf production systems. Translational Animal Science. 3(2), 796-810.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., Holland, B. P., Karr, K. J., Word, A. B., & Wickersham, T. A. (2019). Net protein contribution of beef feedlots from 2006 to 2017. Translational Animal Science. 3(4), 1575-1584.
- Obeidat, B. S., Loest, C. A., Thelen, T. M., Strickland, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., Taylor, J. B., & Hallford, D. M. (2005). Effects of various exposure routes of swainsonine on serum constituents, rumen characteristics, and nutrient metabolism of sheep. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 83, 110-110.
- Waggoner, J. W., Mathis, C. P., Loest, C. A., Sawyer, J. E., & III, M. (2005). Impact of preconditioning duration on feedlot performance, carcass characteristics and profitability of New Mexico ranch to rail steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 83, 117-118.
- Herring, A. D., Sanders, J. O., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Wegenhoft, M. A., & Gill, C. A. (2005). Segregation of disposition scores among families of Bos indicus-Bos taurus crosses. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 83, 114-114.
- Obeidat, B. S., Strickland, J. R., Vogt, M. L., Loest, C. A., Sawyer, J. E., Reed, M. M., ... Chen, L. (2004). Effects of locoweed on serum constituents and rumen profiles of sheep. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 130-130.
- Rhoades, R. D., Vasconcelos, J. T., Lunt, D. K., Sawyer, J. E., Chung, K. Y., & Smith, S. B. (2004). Glycolytic intermediates in muscle and adipose tissue of cattle fed different sources and amount of energy. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 82, 19-19.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471