education and training
- Baber, J. R., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., Brown-Brandl, T. M., & Hales, K. E. (2020). Effects of diet type on nutrient utilization and energy balance in drylot heifers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(1),
- Word, A. B., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., Mays, G. B., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of metaphylaxis on production responses and total antimicrobial use in high-risk beef calves. Applied Animal Science. 36(2), 265-270.
- Boardman, C. J., Wickersham, T. A., Trubenbach, L. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2020). Effects of monensin inclusion and level of intake in limit-feeding strategies for beef cows. Translational Animal Science. 4(3), txaa108-.
- Bohlen, L. E., Sawyer, J. E., Cox, J. R., Redmon, L. A., & Wickersham, T. A. (2020). Expeller-pressed and solvent-extracted Pongamia seedcake as a protein supplement for cattle consuming a basal diet of forage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 266, 114521-114521.
- Riley, D. G., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., ... Sanders, J. O. (2020). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 2. Palatability. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 232, 103897-103897.
- Van Raay, E. E., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., Gill, R., & Daigle, C. L. (2018). 32 Effect of Exercise on Calf Productivity, Health and Behavior.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 17-18.
- Truelock, C. N., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2018). 38 Effect of Forage Source on Digestion and Ruminal Fermentation in Limit-Fed Steers.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 20-20.
- Stribling, E. J., Wickersham, T. A., Cardoso, R. C., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). 93 Production and Economic Effects of Developing Heifers on Three Different Levels of Single Stair-Step Nutrition Programs.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 49-50.
- Baber, J. R., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., & Hales, K. E. (2018). 96 Effects of Diet Type on Nutrient Utilization and Energy Balance of Limit-Fed Bred Heifer in a Drylot.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96(suppl_1), 50-51.
- Smith, P. S., Carstens, G. E., Runyan, C. A., Ridpath, J. F., Sawyer, J. E., & Herring, A. D. (2017). Effects of vaccine treatment and temperament classification on intake and feeding behavior responses to bovine viral diarrhea virus challenge in beef steers.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95, 42-42.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Bell, Natasha LuRey (2015-05). Supplementation Strategies to Improve Efficiency of Forage Utilization and Mitigate Enteric Methane Production in Bos indicus and Bos taurus Cattle. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trubenbach, Levi Anthony (2014-12). Effects of Dietary Energy Density and Intake on Maintenance Energy Requirements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
- Word, Alyssa Brook (2014-08). Evaluation of Two Methods to Prevent Bovine Respiratory Disease in Growing Cattle. (Master's Thesis)
- Sugg, Joel D (2013-08). Evaluation of Intake Limiting Agents in a Self-fed Dried Distillers' Supplement. (Master's Thesis)
- Orsak, Andrew Nathan (2010-12). Evaluation of High-intensity and Low-intensity Preconditioning Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471