education and training
- Murray, S. A., Holbert, A. C., Norman, K. N., Lawhon, S. D., Sawyer, J. E., & Scott, H. M. (2020). Macrolide-susceptible probiotic Enterococcus faecium ST296 exhibits faecal-environmental-oral microbial community cycling among beef cattle in feedlots. LETTERS IN APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY.
- Ponce, C. H., Cole, N. A., Sawyer, J., da Silva, J., Smith, D. R., Maxwell, C., & Brown, M. S. (2019). Effects of wet corn distiller's grains with solubles and nonprotein nitrogen on feeding efficiency, growth performance, carcass characteristics, and nutrient losses of yearling steers12.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(6), 2609-2630.
- Crossland, W. L., Jobe, J. T., Ribeiro, F., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. I. Effects on feeding performance traits, the composition of growth, and carcass characteristics. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1335-1346.
- Crossland, W. L., Cagle, C. M., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. II. Effects on rumen pH and liver health of feedlot steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1347-1363.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2019). Evaluation of net protein contribution, methane production, and net returns from beef production as duration of confinement increases in the cow-calf sector. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(7), 2675-2686.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471