education and training
- Murray, S. A., Holbert, A. C., Norman, K. N., Lawhon, S. D., Sawyer, J. E., & Scott, H. M. (2020). Macrolide-susceptible probiotic Enterococcus faecium ST296 exhibits faecal-environmental-oral microbial community cycling among beef cattle in feedlots. LETTERS IN APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY.
- Ponce, C. H., Cole, N. A., Sawyer, J., da Silva, J., Smith, D. R., Maxwell, C., & Brown, M. S. (2019). Effects of wet corn distiller's grains with solubles and nonprotein nitrogen on feeding efficiency, growth performance, carcass characteristics, and nutrient losses of yearling steers12.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(6), 2609-2630.
- Crossland, W. L., Jobe, J. T., Ribeiro, F., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. I. Effects on feeding performance traits, the composition of growth, and carcass characteristics. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1335-1346.
- Crossland, W. L., Cagle, C. M., Sawyer, J. E., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2019). Evaluation of active dried yeast in the diets of feedlot steers. II. Effects on rumen pH and liver health of feedlot steers. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(3), 1347-1363.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2019). Evaluation of net protein contribution, methane production, and net returns from beef production as duration of confinement increases in the cow-calf sector. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(7), 2675-2686.
- Riley, D. G., Miller, R. K., Nicholson, K. L., Gill, C. A., Herring, A. D., Riggs, P. K., ... Sanders, J. O. (2019). Genome association of carcass and palatability traits from Bos indicus-Bos taurus crossbred steers within electrical stimulation status and correspondence with steer temperament 1. Carcass. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 229, 150-158.
- Trubenbach, L. A., Wickersham, T. A., Bierschwale, L. N., Morrill, J. C., Baber, J. R., & Sawyer, J. E. (2019). Limit feeding as a strategy to increase energy efficiency in intensified cow–calf production systems. Translational Animal Science. 3(2), 796-810.
- Whitney, T. R., Sawyer, J. E., Tedeschi, L. O., & Colombo, E. A. (2019). Substituting hammermilled Juniperus spp. for chopped alfalfa hay in steer feedlot diets: Growth performance and blood serum chemistry. LIVESTOCK SCIENCE. 227, 1-10.
- Daigle, C. L., Mathias, A. J., Ridge, E. E., Gill, R., Wickersham, T. A., & Sawyer, J. E. (2018). CASE STUDY: Effect of exercise programs during receiving in a commercial feedlot on behavior and productivity of Brahman crossbred calves: Results from a commercial environment and a comparison to the research environment. Professional Animal Scientist. 34(6), 653-663.
- Belk, A. D., Arnold, A. N., Sawyer, J. E., Griffin, D. B., Taylor, T. M., Savell, J. W., & Gehring, K. B. (2018). Comparison of salmonella prevalence rates in bovine lymph nodes across feeding stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2018). Development and Comparison of Methodology for Estimating Beef Cattle Contribution to Human Food Supply 1. Human Edible Protein Conversion and Methane Production.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 59-60.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2018). Development and Comparison of Methodology for Estimating Beef Cattle Contribution to Human Food Supply 2. Protein Quality and Net Protein Contribution.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 60-60.
- Van Raay, E. E., Sawyer, J. E., Wickersham, T. A., Gill, R., & Daigle, C. L. (2018). Effect of Exercise on Calf Productivity, Health and Behavior.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 17-18.
- Truelock, C. N., Sawyer, J. E., & Wickersham, T. A. (2018). Effect of Forage Source on Digestion and Ruminal Fermentation in Limit-Fed Steers.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 20-20.
- Baber, J. R., Wickersham, T. A., Sawyer, J. E., Freetly, H. C., & Hales, K. E. (2018). Effects of Diet Type on Nutrient Utilization and Energy Balance of Limit-Fed Bred Heifer in a Drylot.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 50-51.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Baber, Jessica Rae (2016-12). Evaluating Feasibility of Alternative Feeding Methods for Limit-fed Cow-Calf Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Johnson, Myriah Dawn (2016-05). Beef Cattle Production Practices: What Are They Worth?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bohlen, Lauren Elaine (2015-12). Expeller Pressed and Solvent Extracted Pongamia Seedcake as a Protein Supplement for Cattle Consuming Forage. (Master's Thesis)
- Morrill, Jessie Crystal (2015-12). Effects of Post-Extraction Algal Residue on Nutrient Utilization, Carcass Performance, and Beef Tenderness and Flavor in Finishing Steers. (Master's Thesis)
- Boardman, Caleb Jay (2015-08). Effects of Monensin and Dietary Energy Intake on Maintenance Requiements in Beef Cows. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Animal Science; 2471 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2471