The principal focus of my research and extension deals with the management of diseases associated with turfgrass, rice, and soybean. Studies have been conducted to develop molecular identification methods of causal pathogens and to improve cultural and chemical strategies to manage diseases in the field.
- Gaire, S. P., Zhou, X., Jo, Y., & Shi, J. (2020). First Report of Rhizoctonia solani AG-4 Causing Seedling Disease in Rice. Plant Disease. 104(5), 1546-1546.
- Jochum, M., Moncayo, L. P., & Jo, Y. (2018). Microalgal cultivation for biofertilization in rice plants using a vertical semi-closed airlift photobioreactor.. PLoS ONE. 13(9), e0203456-e0203456.
- Bock, C. H., Oliver, J. E., Chen, C., Hotchkiss, M. H., Stevenson, K. L., Wang, X., ... Randall, J. J. (2018). Pecan bacterial leaf scorch, caused by Xylella fastidiosa, is endemic in Georgia pecan orchards. Plant Health Progress. 19(4), 284-287.
- Handiseni, M., Zhou, X., & Jo, Y. (2017). Soil amended with Brassica juncea plant tissue reduces sclerotia formation, viability and aggressiveness of Rhizoctonia solani AG1-IA towards rice. CROP PROTECTION. 100, 77-80.
- Handiseni, M., Cromwell, W., Zidek, M., Zhou, X., & Jo, Y. (2017). USE OF BRASSICACEOUS SEED MEAL EXTRACTS FOR MANAGING ROOT-KNOT NEMATODE IN BERMUDAGRASS. NEMATROPICA. 47(1), 55-62.
- Gaire, S. P., Shi, J., Jo, Y. K., & Zhou, X. G. (2019). Fungal pathogens associated with rice seedling disease in the Southern United States. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 109(10), 130-130.
- Davis, R., Jo, Y. K., & Chappell, T. (2019). Unsupervised learning for efficient detection of plant disease through low altitude remote sensing. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 109(10), 26-26.
- Zidek, M., & Jo, Y. K. (2015). Population diversity of Gaeumannomyces graminis var. graminis from St. Augustinegrass in Texas. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 105(11), 160-160.
- Moncayo, L., Zhou, X. G., Wilson, L., & Jo, Y. K. (2014). Effects of temperature and leaf wetness duration on antifungal activity of Bacillus subtilis MBI600 for management of sheath blight in rice. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 104(11), 82-82.
- Jo, Y. K., Staack, D., Roh, J., & Shin, D. B. (2014). A novel plasma seed treatment for a rice seedborne fungal pathogen. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 104(5), 5-5.
- Zidek, Matthew John (2015-08). Population Diversity and Fungicide Sensitivity of Gaeumannomyces graminis var. graminis from St. Augustinegrass in Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Moncayo Lema, Luis Patricio (2015-08). Disease Management and Microalgal Biofertilization for Rice Production. (Master's Thesis)
- Handiseni, Maxwell (2015-05). Brassica Biofumigation for Management of Rice Sheath Blight caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG 1-1A. (Doctoral Dissertation)