education and training
- Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Oregon - (Eugene, Oregon, United States) 1968
- M.A. in Sociology, San Francisco State University - (San Francisco, California, United States) 1967
- B.A. in Sociology, University of San Francisco - (San Francisco, California, United States) 1963
- Poston, D. L. (2019). The Oxford Handbook of Evolution, Biology, and Society. Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews. 48(5), 546-548.
- Baumle, A. K., & Poston, D. L. (2019). Apportionment of the US House of Representatives in 2020 under Alternative ImmigrationBased Scenarios. Population and Development Review. (2), 400.
- Howell, E. M., Zhang, H., & Poston, D. L. (2018). Son Preference of Immigrants to the United States: Data from U.S. Birth Certificates, 2004-2013.. J Immigr Minor Health. 20(3), 711-716.
- Poston, D. L., Compton, D. R., Xiong, Q., & Knox, E. A. (2017). The Residential Segregation of Same-Sex Households from Different-Sex Households in Metropolitan USA, circa-2010. Population Review. 56(2), 1-29.
- Johnson, K. M., Field, L. M., & Poston, D. L. (2015). More Deaths Than Births: Subnational Natural Decrease in Europe and the United States. Population and Development Review. 41(4), 651-680.
- Poston, D. L., Lee, S., & Kim, H. G. (2018). Low Fertility Regimes and Demographic and Societal Change. Springer International Publishing.
- Dudley L Poston, J. r., & Bouvier, L. F. (2016). Population and Society An Introduction to Demography. Cambridge University Press.
- Micklin, M., & Dudley L Poston, J. r. (2013). Continuities in Sociological Human Ecology. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Dudley L Poston, J. r., Yang, W. S., & Farris, D. N. (2013). The Family and Social Change in Chinese Societies. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Tucker, J., Dudley L Poston, J. r., Ren, Q., Gu, B., Zheng, X., Wang, S., & Russell, C. (2009). Gender Policy and HIV in China Catalyzing Policy Change. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Heo, N., & Poston, D. L. (2018). Natural Decrease in the Context of Lowest-low Fertility: South Korea, 2005–2014. Low Fertility Regimes and Demographic and Societal Change. 37-48. Springer International Publishing.
- Poston, D. L. (2018). The Context of Low Fertility Regimes and Demographic and Societal Change. Low Fertility Regimes and Demographic and Societal Change. 1-11. Springer International Publishing.
- Poston,, D. L. (2017). Demography. The Cambridge Handbook of Sociology. 174-182. Cambridge University Press.
- Poston, D. L. (2015). Human Ecology. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences. 283-288. Elsevier.
- Poston, D. L., Chang, Y., & He, L. (2013). Elderly Asian Americans in the Nonmetropolitan and Rural United States. Rural Aging in 21st Century America. 141-160. Springer Netherlands.
- Slack, T., Singelmann, J., Fontenot, K., Poston, D. L., Saenz, R., & Siordia, C. (2009). Poverty in the Texas borderland and lower Mississippi Delta: A comparative analysis of differences by family type. Demographic Research. 20(15), 353-376.
- Poston, D. L., & Luo, H. (2007). Chinese Student and Labor Migration to the United States: Trends and Policies since the 1980s. Asian and Pacific Migration Journal. 16(3), 323-355.
- FALBO, T., & POSTON, D. L. (1992). THE ACADEMIC PERSONALITY, AND PHYSICAL OUTCOMES OF CHINESE ONLY CHILDREN. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGY. 27(3-4), 231-231.
- Poston, D. (2021). Census results shift political power in Congress, presidential elections. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Poston, D. L. (2020). 3 big ways that the US will change over the next decade. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Saenz, R., & Poston, D. L. (2020). Children of color already make up the majority of kids in many US states. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Poston, D. L. (2019). What would happen to Congress if Washington, DC became the 51st state?. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- (1991). Essays on Population Economics. CEDAM.
- (1996). Research on Single Children in China. East China Normal University Press.
- (1992). The Population of Modern China. Plenum Press.
- (1981). ThePopulationoftheSouth:StructureandChangeinSocialDemographicContext. The University of Texas Press.
in the news
- Texas A&M Experts Available For Interviews On ICE Order To International Students Newswise July 8, 2020
- Students could be undercounted in the census as coronavirus closes colleges- here's why that matters The Conversation March 23, 2020
- Texas A&M professor looks at national population trends The Eagle January 19, 2020
- 3 Big Ways That The U.S. Will Change Over The Next Decade Texas A&M Today January 13, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Heo, Nayoung (2017-05). A Comparison of Educational Outcomes between Multicultural Students and Non-Multicultural Students in South Korea: School-Level Analyses of 6th Grade Students. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Malone, Jr., Danny Elworth (2017-05). Effects of Educational and Metropolitan Context on U.S. Black Intermarriage. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cruz, Cristina Elizabeth (2017-05). Marriage Patterns of Undocumented Male and Female Mexican Immigrants in the United States 2008-2012. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yin, Dan (2016-05). Have Chinese Americans Achieved Earnings Parity with Whites?. (Master's Thesis)
- Xiong, Qian (2015-12). Migration, Marital Fertility and Marital Fertility Preferences Among Migrant Women in China. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Sociology; 4351 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4351