I specialize in Old English, Chaucer, the medieval mystics, William Morris, J. R. R. Tolkien, and C. S. Lewis.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Medieval English Literature, Rutgers University - (New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States) 1978
- M.Div. in Biblical Studies, Princeton Theological Seminary - (Princeton, New Jersey, United States) 1973
- B.A. in English, Rutgers University - (New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States) 1970
- BOENIG, R (2009). Julian of Norwich and the Art of Memory. Studies in Spirituality. 19(0), 25-34.
- Timmons, P., & Boenig, R. (2007). The Miracles of the Virgin and Medieval Spin: Gonzalo de Berceo and his Latin Sources. The Journal of Medieval Latin. 17, 226-237.
- Boenig, R (2002). Scyld's Burial Mound. English Language Notes. 40(1), 1-13.
- BOENIG, R (2002). The Reification of Rolle's Mysticism. Studies in Spirituality. 12(0), 217-226.
- Boenig, R. (2000). Chaucer and St. Kenelm. Neophilologus. (1), 157-164.
- Boenig, R (2012). C. S. Lewis and the Middle Ages.
- Timmons, P., & Boenig, R. (2012). Gonzalo de Berceo and the Latin Miracles of the virgin: A translation and a study.
- Black, J., Conolly, L., Flint, K., Grundy, I., LePan, D., Liuzza, R., ... Waters, C (2009). The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Volume 1: The Medieval Period - Second Edition Volume 1: The Medieval Period. Broadview Press.
- Boenig, R (2000). Anglo-Saxon Spirituality Selected Writings. Paulist Press.
- Boenig, R., & Davis, K (2000). Manuscript, Narrative, Lexicon Essays on Literary and Cultural Transmission in Honor of Whitney F. Bolton. Bucknell University Press.
- Boenig, R. E. (2015). The Apocalypse in Medieval England. Ryan, M. A. (Eds.), A Companion to the Premodern Apocalypse. Brill Academic Publishers.
- Boenig, R. E. (2014). Lloyd Alexanders Chronicles of Prydain: Imaging the American Child through a British Lens. Nelson, C., & Morris, R. (Eds.), Representing Children in Chinese and U.S. Children's Literature. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd..
- (2012). The Canterbury Tales - Second Edition. Broadview Press.
- (2013). The Canterbury Tales, A Selection - Second Edition A Selection. Broadview Press.
- (2010). The wood beyond the world. Broadview Press.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brown, Derek P (2017-05). From Progress to Regress: A Pilgrimage Through the Fictional Conversion Narratives of John Bunyan and C.S. Lewis. (Master's Thesis)
- Dunai, Amber (2015-05). Dreams and Visions in Medieval Literature. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hanchey, Ginger Fielder (2008-05). Beowulf, sleep, and judgment day. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; English; 4227 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4227