Dr. Seers' research focused upon computational geosciences, and the utilization of multimodal / multiscale 3D imaging towards the characterization and modeling of naturally fractured reservoirs.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Computational Geosciences, University of Manchester - (Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom) 2015
- B.Sc. in Geography and Geology, University of Manchester - (Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom) 2011
- Seers, T. D., Sheharyar, A., Tavani, S., & Corradetti, A (2022). Virtual outcrop geology comes of age: The application of consumer-grade virtual reality hardware and software to digital outcrop data analysis. Computers & Geosciences. 159, 105006-105006.
- Baalousha, H. M., Tawabini, B., & Seers, T. D (2021). Fuzzy or Non-Fuzzy? A Comparison between Fuzzy Logic-Based Vulnerability Mapping and DRASTIC Approach Using a Numerical Model. A Case Study from Qatar. Water. 13(9), 1288-1288.
- Corradetti, A., Zambrano, M., Tavani, S., Tondi, E., & Seers, T. D (2021). The impact of weathering upon the roughness characteristics of a splay of the active fault system responsible for the massive 2016 seismic sequence of the Central Apennines, Italy. GSA Bulletin. 133(3-4), 885-896.
- Rabbani, H. S., Osei-Bonsu, K., Osei-Bonsu, P. K., & Seers, T. D (2020). Modelling COVID-19 using the Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics. 2020.06.24.20139071.
- Rabbani, H. S., Seers, T. D., & Guerillot, D. (2020). Corrigendum to Analytical Pore-Network Approach (APNA): A novel method for rapid prediction of capillary pressure-saturation relationship in porous media [Advances in Water Resources 130 (2019) 147156]. Advances in Water Resources. 140, 103623-103623.
- Seers, T. D., & Alyafei, N. (2018). Open Source Toolkit for Micro-Model Generation Using 3D Printing. Day 4 Thu, June 14, 2018, SPE Europec featured at 80th EAGE Conference and Exhibition.
- Seers, T., Hodgetts, D. H., Wang, Y. W., & Fadlelmula, M. F (2017). Direct Computation of Fracture Network Equivalent Porous Medium Properties Using Digital Outcrop Models. Proceedings, 79th EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2017.
- Seers, T. D., Alyafei, N., & Khan, T. (2017). Investigation of the impact of voxel image subvolume size upon computed petrophysical properties of carbonate rocks imaged using X-ray computed microtomography. 2nd EAGE Workshop on Well Injectivity and Productivity in Carbonates. 2017-December,
- Seers, T. D., Hodgetts, D., Andrew, M., Blunt, M. J., Bijeljic, B., Dobson, K. J., ... Singh, K (2015). From Digital Outcrops to Digital Rocks - Multiscale Characterization of Structural Heterogeniety Within Porous Sandstones. Proceedings, 77th EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2015. 4027-4031.
- Hodgetts, D., Seers, T., Head, W., & Burnham, B. S (2015). High Performance Visualisation of Multiscale Geological Outcrop Data in Single Software Environment. Proceedings, 77th EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2015. 1100-1104.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Qatar Campus; 4251 TAMUQ
College Station, TX 77843-4251