Professor Griffith is recognized as an authority on marketing strategy, with specialized knowledge of inter-firm governance, global marketing and innovation. His research has been published in numerous academic journals including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of International Business Studies, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Operations Management, etc. He is the recipient of the 2019 Significant Contributions to Global Marketing Award presented by the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group, is a two time recipient of the AMA's Hans B. Thorelli Award (2018, 2015) for significant and long-term contributions to international marketing theory or practice, as well as a two time recipient of the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group's Excellence in Research Award (2018, 2014). He has been recognized numerous times for his impact and productivity. In 2019 he was identified as being one of most productive scholars in the leading two marketing journals (i.e., Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research) over the time period 2009-2018 (he was also recognized similarly in each of the last 6 rankings [2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018]). In the field of international marketing in 2018, via an analysis of the time period 1995-2015, he was ranked 1st worldwide in terms of publication output based upon proportional authorship, 2nd in terms of total number of publications, and 5th in terms of citation impact in the international marketing literature.
- Ph.D. in Marketing and International Business, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- M.B.A. in General Management, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- B.S. in Business Administration - Finance, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States)
- Griffith, D. A., Yalcinkaya, G., & Rubera, G. (2014). Country-Level Performance of New Experience Products in a Global Rollout: The Moderating Effects of Economic Wealth and National Culture. JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL MARKETING. 22(4), 1-20.
- Crespo, C. F., Griffith, D. A., & Lages, L. F. (2014). The performance effects of vertical and horizontal subsidiary knowledge outflows in multinational corporations. International Business Review. 23(5), 993-1007.
- Griffith, D. A., & Dimitrova, B. V. (2014). Business and Cultural Aspects of Psychic Distance and Complementarity of Capabilities in Export Relationships. JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL MARKETING. 22(3), 50-67.
- Hoppner, J. J., Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. (2014). The intertwined relationships of power, justice and dependence. European Journal of Marketing. Volume 48(Issue 9/10), 1690-1708.
- Schoenherr, T., Griffith, D. A., & Chandra, A. (2014). Intangible capital, knowledge and new product development competence in supply chains: process, interaction and contingency effects among SMEs. International Journal of Production Research. 52(16), 4916-4929.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Handbook of research in international marketing, second edition.
- Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Thought leadership in advancing international business research. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Preface. Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Research in International Marketing, 2nd Ed. (pp. xiv-xv). Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. S. (2011). Resource-advantage theory: Insights for global marketing strategy research. Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Second Edition. (pp. 158-178).
- Cavusgil, S. T., Deligonul, Z. S., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Rigor in international business research: A review and methodological recommendations. Boddewyn, J. (Eds.), International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond (Research in Global Strategic Management, Vol. 14. (pp. 229-246). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Introduction. Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (Eds.), Thought Leadership in Advancing International Business Research. (pp. 1-8). Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Ryans, J. K., Griffith, D. A., & Jain, S. (2008). A historical examination of the evolution of international advertising standardization/adaptation thought. International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond. (pp. 279-293). Emerald (MCB UP ).
- Rubera, G., Griffith, D. A., & Yalcinkaya, G. (2012). Technological and Design Innovation Effects in Regional New Product Rollouts: A European Illustration. JOURNAL OF PRODUCT INNOVATION MANAGEMENT. 29(6), 1047-1060.