Professor Griffith is recognized as an authority on strategy, global marketing, innovation and international business. His research has been published in numerous academic journals including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of International Business Studies, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Operations Management, etc. He is the recipient of the 2019 Significant Contributions to Global Marketing Award presented by the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group, is a two time recipient of the AMA's Hans B. Thorelli Award (2018, 2015) for significant and long-term contributions to international marketing theory or practice, as well as a two time recipient of the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group's Excellence in Research Award (2018, 2014). He has been recognized numerous times for his impact and productivity. In 2019 he was identified as being one of most productive scholars in the leading two marketing journals (i.e., Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research) over the time period 2009-2018 (he was also recognized similarly in each of the last 6 rankings [2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018]). In the field of international marketing in 2018, via an analysis of the time period 1995-2015, he was ranked 1st worldwide in terms of publication output based upon proportional authorship, 2nd in terms of total number of publications, and 5th in terms of citation impact in the international marketing literature.
- Ph.D. in Marketing and International Business, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- M.B.A. in General Management, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- B.S. in Business Administration - Finance, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States)
- Seggie, S. H., & Griffith, D. A. (2021). The moderating effects of economic and strategic relationship value in tolerating active and passive opportunism. Journal of Business Research. 128, 233-244.
- Griffith, D. A., Dean, T., & Hoppner, J. J. (2021). Choices and Consequences: Recommendations for an Improved Understanding of Cultural Distance in International Marketing Research. Journal of International Marketing. 1069031x2110021-1069031X2110021.
- Lee, H. S., & Griffith, D. A. (2020). Reward strategy spillover effects on observer cooperation in business networks. Marketing Letters. 32(1), 47-59.
- Zheng, X. u., Griffith, D. A., Ge, L., & Benoliel, U. (2020). Effects of Contract Ambiguity in Interorganizational Governance. Journal of Marketing. 84(4), 147-167.
- Harmancioglu, N., Griffith, D. A., & Yılmaz, T. (2019). Short- and long-term market returns of international codevelopment alliances of new products. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 47(5), 939-959.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Handbook of research in international marketing, second edition.
- Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Thought leadership in advancing international business research. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Preface. Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Research in International Marketing, 2nd Ed. (pp. xiv-xv). Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. S. (2011). Resource-advantage theory: Insights for global marketing strategy research. Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Second Edition. (pp. 158-178).
- Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. (2011). Chapter 8: Resource-Advantage Theory: Insights for Global Marketing Strategy Research. Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Second Edition. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ryans, J. K., Griffith, D. A., & Jain, S. (2008). A historical examination of the evolution of international advertising standardization/adaptation thought. International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond. (pp. 279-293). Emerald (MCB UP ).
- Cavusgil, S. T., Deligonul, Z. S., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Rigor in international business research: A review and methodological recommendations. Boddewyn, J. (Eds.), International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond (Research in Global Strategic Management, Vol. 14. (pp. 229-246). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Rubera, G., Griffith, D. A., & Yalcinkaya, G. (2012). Technological and Design Innovation Effects in Regional New Product Rollouts: A European Illustration. Journal of Product Innovation Management. 29(6), 1047-1060.