David specializes in the areas of strategy, global marketing, innovation, and international business. His work primarily focuses on working with executives to solve business problems. He has been recognized numerous times for the impact of his research and his productivity. He is ranked among the Top 2% of Marketing Scholars worldwide in a study analyzing data from 1996 through 2019, covering around 7 million scientists in 22 major fields. He is the recipient of the 2021 Louis W. Stern Award, the 2019 Significant Contributions to Global Marketing Award presented by the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group, a two-time recipient of the Hans B. Thorelli Award (2018, 2015), as well as a two-time recipient of the AMA Global Marketing Special Interest Group's Excellence in Research Award (2018, 2014). He has been recognized as one of the most productive scholars in two leading marketing journals (i.e., Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research) over the time period 2011-2020 (he was also recognized similarly in each of the last 8 rankings [2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020]). He was ranked 1st worldwide in terms of publication output based upon proportional authorship and 5th in terms of citation impact in the international marketing literature (1995-2015). In 2017 he was recognized as one of the most prolific scholars in the Journal of International Business Studies over the time period 1970-2016. In 2010 he was named a "Rising Star" for the Economics & Business Discipline by Thomson Reuters for his impact in the field.
- Ph.D. in Marketing and International Business, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- M.B.A. in General Management, Kent State University - (Kent, Ohio, United States)
- B.S. in Business Administration - Finance, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States)
- Griffith, D. A., Lee, H. S., & Yalcinkaya, G. (2022). The use of social media and the prevalence of depression: a multi-country examination of value co-creation and consumer well-being. International Marketing Review. 39(1), 1-31.
- Griffith, D. A. (2021). Connecting Sustainable Marketing and International Marketing Strategy Standardization/Adaptation: Research Opportunities. Journal of Sustainable Marketing. 2(2),
- Griffith, D. A., Dean, T., & Hoppner, J. J. (2021). Choices and Consequences: Recommendations for an Improved Understanding of Cultural Distance in International Marketing Research. Journal of International Marketing. 29(3), 23-42.
- Griffith, D. A., Dean, T., & Yalcinkaya, G. (2021). Building and leveraging competence exploitation and exploration for firm new product success. Industrial Marketing Management. 97, 233-244.
- Hoppner, J. J., Mills, P., & Griffith, D. A. (2021). Navigating the demands of increasing customer participation through firm and individual job resources. Industrial Marketing Management. 97, 173-182.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Handbook of research in international marketing, second edition.
- Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Thought Leadership in Advancing International Business Research. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (2011). Preface. Jain, S. C., & Griffith, D. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Research in International Marketing, 2nd Ed. xiv-xv. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. S. (2011). Resource-advantage theory: Insights for global marketing strategy research. Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Second Edition. 158-178.
- Griffith, D. A., & Yeo, C. (2011). Resource-Advantage Theory: Insights for Global Marketing Strategy Research. Handbook of Research in International Marketing, Second Edition. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ryans, J. K., Griffith, D. A., & Jain, S. (2008). A historical examination of the evolution of international advertising standardization/adaptation thought. Research in Global Strategic Management. International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond. 279-293. Emerald (MCB UP ).
- Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (2008). Introduction. Lewin, A. Y., Cavusgil, S. T., Hult, G., & Griffith, D. A. (Eds.), Thought Leadership in Advancing International Business Research. 1-8. Palgrave Macmillan UK.
- Rubera, G., Griffith, D. A., & Yalcinkaya, G. (2012). Technological and Design Innovation Effects in Regional New Product Rollouts: A European Illustration. Journal of Product Innovation Management. 29(6), 1047-1060.