- Professor, El Paso Research and Extension Center, Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Associate Professor, El Paso Research and Extension Center, Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Associate Professor, Soil and Crop Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
My research program specializes in water resources and salinity management. Current projects include developing alternative water sources (industrial and urban wastewater, saline groundwater and graywater) for beneficial uses including irrigation, evaluation of electromagnetic induction (EMI) for rapid assessment of salinity at a high spatial resolution, on-farm water conservation, and soil salinity management. To date his program has trained 4 technicians and 22 part-time undergraduate students. His program has established strong collaborations with local growers, water managers and fellow researchers within and outside West Texas region as well as international institution.
- Hooks, T., Niu, G., Masabni, J., Sun, Y., & Ganjegunte, G. (2021). Performance and Phytochemical Content of 22 Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Varieties. HORTSCIENCE. 56(2), 217-225.
- Chaganti, V. N., Ganjegunte, G., Somenahally, A., Hargrove, W. L., Ulery, A., Enciso, J. M., & Flynn, R. (2021). Response of soil organic carbon and soil health indicators to treated wastewater irrigation in bioenergy sorghum production on an arid soil. Land Degradation and Development. 32(6), 2197-2209.
- Poulose, T., Kumar, S., & Ganjegunte, G. K. (2021). Robust crop water simulation using system dynamic approach for participatory modeling. Environmental Modelling & Software. 135, 104899-104899.
- Chaganti, V. N., Ganjegunte, G., Niu, G., Ulery, A., Flynn, R., Enciso, J. M., Meki, M. N., & Kiniry, J. R. (2020). Effects of treated urban wastewater irrigation on bioenergy sorghum and soil quality. AGRICULTURAL WATER MANAGEMENT. 228, 105894-105894.
- Enciso, J., Chavez, J. C., Ganjegunte, G., & Zapata, S. D. (2019). Energy Sorghum Production under Arid and Semi-Arid Environments of Texas. WATER. 11(7), 1344-1344.
- Ganjegunte, G., & Clark, J. (2019). Causes and Management of Root-zone Salinity and Sodicity in the Arid West Texas: Field-scale Experience. Research Developments in Saline Agriculture. (pp. 307-330). Springer Singapore.
- Vance, G. F., & Ganjegunte, G. K. (2010). Utilization of coalbed natural gas water: Issues, implications, and management. Coalbed Natural Gas: Energy and Environment. (pp. 303-336).
- Enciso, J., Jifon, J., Ribera, L., & Ganjegunte, G. K. (2015). Water use efficiency of energy sorghum in South Texas. 663-673.
- Ganjegunte, G., & Braun, R. (2010). Application of Electromagnetic Induction Technique for Soil Salinity and Sodicity Appraisal. 277-280.
- Stahl, P. D., Wick, A. F., Ganjegunte, G., Norton, U., & Ingram, L. J. (2009). Redevelopment of soil carbon pools on reclaimed surface mine lands. 3, 1327-1349.
- Shenq, Z., Herrerano, E., Ganjegunte, G., & Bader, R. (2008). Potential use of graywater and brackish groundwater for cotton production. 12, 7636-7645.
- Johnston, C. R., Vance, G. F., & Ganjegunte, G. (2007). Changes in soil physical and chemical properties of a cropland irrigated with CBNG co-produced water. 2, 882-904.