education and training
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Virginia - (Charlottesville, Virginia, United States) 2015
- M.A. in Economics, University of Virginia - (Charlottesville, Virginia, United States) 2011
- B.A. in Economics, University of Virginia - (Charlottesville, Virginia, United States) 2007
- Barr, A. (2016). Enlist or enroll: Credit constraints, college aid, and the military enlistment margin. Economics of Education Review. 61-78.
- Barr, A. C., & Dee, T. S. (2016). PROPERTY TAXES AND POLITICIANS: EVIDENCE FROM SCHOOL BUDGET ELECTIONS. National Tax Journal. 69(3), 517-544.
- Barr, A. (2015). From the Battlefield to the Schoolyard. Journal of Human Resources. (3), 580-613.
- Barr, A., & Turner, S. (2015). Out of work and into school: Labor market policies and college enrollment during the Great Recession. Journal of Public Economics. 63-73.
- Barr, A., & Turner, S. E (2013). Expanding Enrollments and Contracting State Budgets. The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 650(1), 168-193.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Economics; 4228 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4228