education and training
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Oregon State University - (Corvallis, Oregon, United States) 1994
- M.S. in Applied Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - (Jerusalem, Israel) 1984
- B.Sc. in Physics, Tel Aviv University - (Tel Aviv, Israel) 1982
- Molodtsov, S., Anis, A., Amon, R., & Perez‐Brunius, P. (2020). Turbulent Mixing in a Loop Current Eddy From Glider‐Based Microstructure Observations. Geophysical Research Letters. 47(14),
- Li, D., Anis, A., & Al Senafi, F. (2020). Neap-spring variability of tidal dynamics in the Northern Arabian Gulf. Continental Shelf Research. 197, 104086-104086.
- Li, D., Anis, A., & Al Senafi, F. (2020). Physical response of the Northern Arabian Gulf to winter Shamals. Journal of Marine Systems. 203, 103280-103280.
- Al Senafi, F., & Anis, A. (2020). Wind-driven flow dynamics off the Northwestern Arabian Gulf Coast. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. 233, 106511-106511.
- Al Senafi, F., Abed, R., Muthukrishnan, T., Anis, A., Al Rawahi, A. N., & Mahmoud, H. (2020). Development and Diversity of Bacterial Biofilms in Response to Internal Tides, a Case Study off the Coast of Kuwait. Frontiers in Marine Science. 7, 21.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Li, Dapeng (2019-08). A Study of Hydrodynamics in the Northern Arabian Gulf. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al Senafi, Fahad (2015-05). Model Aided Observational Study of Physical Processes in the Northwestern Arabian / Persian Gulf in Response to the Shamal Wind Event. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Zheng (2013-08). Observational and Numerical Modeling Studies of Turbulence on the Texas-Louisiana Continental Shelf. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al Senafi, Fahad (2012-08). Model Aided Observational Study of Physical Processes in Fresh Water Reservoirs. (Master's Thesis)
- Dupuis, Keith Wade (2006-12). Wind-wave measurements in a shallow estuary: Trinity Bay, Texas. (Master's Thesis)